Chapter 21

Jimin

He came out of the restroom and entered the open space where many people were buzzing around in a frenzy.
He was at the SBS Gayo Daejun.
He couldn't believe it was almost the end of 2017. Time had flown by.
He started walking back to the dressing room.

He was passing by a slightly ajared door of a random room when a familiar voice hit his ears.

"Why do I have to explain anything to you? Leave me alone!"

"Jeongyeon??"

He froze outside the door, wondering if he should go in.
Leaning back, he quietly peeped inside through the crack of the door, taking extra care not to make any noise.
He could only see Jeongyeon's face as she was facing the door and it was filled with frustration and annoyance.
Standing in front of her with his back to the door was a man he didn't recognize. Judging by his clothes he seemed like part of the staff.

He was telling her something in a low tone, he couldn't quiet hear what.
Though whatever it was, she did not seem to be liking it.

He didn't really know her that well..
But it seemed like she was caught in a bad situation.
He wondered if it would be completely out of place for him to interfere.
He took in the frame of the man.
He was built moderately.

"I could take him on"

He watched for several more seconds as the argument inside the room seemed to escalate.

"Ah fuck it" he thought as he pushed the door open and barged in.

Both people inside the room turned to stare at him, the man whirling around in fright.

He glanced at Jeongyeon's face. She had one eyebrow raise, her mouth hanging open slightly. Her expression was clearly asking "what the fuck are you doing here?"

"Is there a problem here?" he asked her pointedly, ignoring the man who was now glowering at him.

"Um..." she said her eyes travelling back and fourth between him and the other man.

He was expecting the man to jump on him but to his surprise the man's face took on an extremely forlorn look.

"She's not being fair to me" the man said in an emotional voice.

He saw Jeongyeon roll her eyes behind him. He tried not to laugh.

"Ah...a stalker-ish fanboy?"

"What did she do?" he asked, feeling entertained.

"She's dating another man! When I've given her my whole heart! " the fanboy wailed dramatically.

That took him by surprise.

"Perhaps you are mistaken?" he told the man.

He was aware of Jeongyeon watching the whole scene looking exasperated.

"No! She's going out with that guy..Mark Tuan! "

He felt his eyebrows shoot up at this remark.

"Huh?"

"No she's not" he said without thinking. It took him a few seconds to realize the stupidity of his comment.
He had no idea if it was true or not.

The man seemed to be having an existential crisis.
He turned to Jeongyeon.

"You aren't dating him?? Then why have I seen you together? Were you just trying to hurt me?"
The man was practically yelling.
Jimin didn't think he could possibly be mentally stable.