Chapter 20

Jeongyeon

It was award show season. A few weeks had gone by since their Japanese promotions and now they were back in South Korea, attending the annual Melon Music Awards.

She checked out her outfit again before they headed to the seating area .
She quite liked it. A silk black blouse paired with formal black shorts and black heels. The whole look carried sophisticated elegance.

She walked with her members through the large gathering of other artists to their allotted seats. As if on instinct she looked around.

"No sign of him."

Then she noticed the empty seats behind them.

"Oh great. Here we go again."

Atleast GOT7 weren't attending. So she had one less problem to deal with.
Not that Mark had been problematic but she still felt awkward around him after their last encounter.
They hadn't had a proper conversation since then.

As if on cue she saw BTS walking towards them through her peripheral vision.
She felt a sudden need to escape.

"Anyone thirsty?" she asked making Dahyun who was sitting beside her jump.

"Um...I guess?" answered Dahyun staring at her.
"I actually wouldn't mind some either, it's kinda hot in here" said Nayeon who was sitting on her other side, fanning her face with her hand.

"Water it is!" she said enthusiastically getting up.

She felt eyes on her but she continued walking.

Halfway down she realized she had no idea where she could find water.

"What am I even doing?"

Then to her relief she spotted a young lady in formal attire with a backstage pass hanging around her neck.

"She must be part of the staff"

Jeongyeon quickly walked in her direction.
She could hear Bolbbalgan4 performing their new track "Some".

"Oh man I love that song!"

How were they performing at the exact same time she decided to leave?

She finally reached the staff lady.
The lady's eyes widened so much she was worried they might pop out.
"Hi" she used her sweetest voice.
"Do you know where I could get some water?"
The lady seemed to snap out of her trance. She found it rather funny when people got awestruck by her.
She felt like there was literally nothing to be so amazed about.

"Oh! I...I have some here actually.
How many bottles do you want?"

"I guess about four would do."

She was given four sealed, transparent bottles and she made her way back with them.
Bolbbalgan4 had started their second song "Galaxy".
She walked slowly on purpose but then she changed her mind, realizing she was being stupid.

"It's not like he'll be gone when you get there clown!"

On her way she looked around for the first time and noticed IU sitting just below Jungkook.

"OH MY GOD!!" the internal fangirl in her head screamed.

IU was her favourite Korean soloist hands down. She had an angelic voice.

"Wow she's so pretty"

Rather unwillingly she walked passed IU and reached her members.
She acted cool, handing around the bottles and then sitting down to sing along with the others.
She felt Jimin's presence right behind her.
It was like a mosquito sensing the presence of blood.
She tried her best to ignore him.

Jimin

He walked along his members to their seats.
They weren't exactly seats, more like concrete slabs you could sit on coloured in silver.
Just as he sat down he noticed Jeongyeon get up and walk away.

Yoongi, Taehyung and Namjoon were sitting beside him.
He looked to his right and almost laughed out loud seeing Jungkook.

He was sitting right behind IU and it was obvious from his pose that he was trying to look cool. He was even sitting a little further away from his members, just so he could be directly behind her.

"Trying too hard little bro"

IU was likr Jungkook's first crush and even though he probably didn't have any romantic interest now, she was still his role model.

Bolbbalgan4 had started performing and he smiled looking at the other members who were enjoying themselves, singing along.

Halfway through the second song he noticed Jeongyeon making her way back with bottles of water in both her hands.
His eyes travelled down her involuntarily.

"Long legs..."

He looked away and shifted uncomfortably in his seat.
She had a weird effect on him.

Many performances went by and finally a small break was announced.
Most idols took this opportunity to refresh themselves.
He got up from his seat, pulling down his coat.

He saw the members of Twice getting ready to leave as well. They were right in front of him.

Jeongyeon who was standing directly in front of him, at a lower level, turned around to collect an empty bottle which stood on her seat.

She suddenly looked up and their eyes met briefly. As per usual they both looked away awkwardly.

Jimin turned away to see Namjoon studying him, looking particularly amused.

"What was that?" he asked.

"What was what?"

Namjoon raised an eyebrow.

Jimin sighed.

"I don't know...it just happens."he shrugged.

"Happens quite a lot" Namjoon pointed out.

"It's no big deal" he replied, wondering why they were even discussing this. He felt uncomfortable.

Namjoon seemed to think for a moment before speaking.
"Are you sure it's no big deal?"

He had no idea what Namjoon was talking about.

"Huh?"

"I'll show you in the dressing room" said Namjoon pushing him forward as they all made their way backstage.

There were two separate dressing rooms and the boys and staff randomely spilled into both.
Once they were inside Namjoon beckoned him to a corner.

He was extremely confused. What was going on...
He watched as Namjoon typed something on his phone and then turned the screen so he could see.
A YouTube tab was open and on it were a lot of videos....about him and Jeongyeon.

"What the-" his eyebrows raised in alarm.

He randomly clicked on one to see a compilation of the moments he and Jeongyeon had avoided eye contact.
All the titles were along the lines of "What's the beef?" "Enemies or Secret lovers?"

"Oh for fuck's sake!" he cursed under his breath.

"Yeah " said Namjoon taking his phone back.

"I noticed some time back but I didn't wanna bother you. They have increased now, there's a lot more than I originally saw. They really think you two have some secret."

"Well we don't!" he said pointedly.

"Ok I believe you. I'm just giving you a heads up, just to be aware" Namjoon shrugged.

"This is just weird"

"Sure is."

Namjoon then gave him a pat on the back and walked away, leaving him to his own thoughts.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Thanks for reading hehe.😊