Chapter 13

Jimin

"How do I always end up sitting next to her?"

He was sitting on the green floors of the Gayang Gymnasium. They were at ISAC 2017, the annual sports event specifically for idols.

They were midway through their events and right then they were watching others compete.

Twice was sitting right next to them as usual and Jeongyeon was less than a foot away from him.

For some reason his eyes kept straying  towards her, making Jimin annoyed with himself.

It's like he was unconsciously anticipating them making eye contact and looking away, which was ridiculous.

He was fooling around with Taehyung, who was recording him.

He looked around to see Jungkook taking a rather unflattering close-up photo of a sleeping Jin.
He smirked, knowing it would probably end up on Twitter.

He had started dating Seulgi but they had barely gone out on two dates when fans had caught wind of it.

A picture of him and Seulgi with his arm around her at an award show had been captured and had circulated online for a few days.

Thankfully it had been very blurry and taken from behind, making it impossible to make a definite guess on who they were.

But he was still startled by how a lot of fans had accurately landed on them.

Both companies had advised them to be more cautious in public.

He glanced at Jeongyeon again. Her short blonde hair flowed around her head, caught in the sudden breeze.

"She has nice hair......wait what?!"

He shook his head irritably and resumed his dumb and dumber act with Taehyung.

Jeongyeon

"Great, I have to sit next to him again."

She was watching a group of male idols competing in the 200m running event.
She didn't know any of them personally, so she just cheered for all of them.

To her dismay, although it had been expected, they had all sat next to BTS.

Nayeon and Sana engaged in subtle conversations with the boys when they were sure the camera wasn't on them.

Currently she was on her feet, just standing randomly in the middle of a pool of straying people. The running event had ended.

Jimin was standing in front of her and she couldn't help sparing him a glance.

"He looks like a lost puppy!" she thought as he watched him looking around for someone, with his hoodie on and his big puppy eyes rounded into O's.

She turned away and walked off towards some of her members she saw in the distance.

She wasn't quite sure how she felt about him, although she kept telling herself that she didn't like him anymore.

Which wasn't entirely true.

Even though her feelings didn't seem as intense as before, she felt a weird connection to him.

"You weren't even friends at any point!" she thought to herself.

Her members had now completely dropped the sympathy card after she had expressed her discomfort about it.
Now they just teased her from time to time about how it really looked like they were mortal enemies.

She never admitted it to anyone else but she still felt drawn to him, like he had permanently started to reside in a part of her mind.
It was freaking her out a bit but she ignored it as best as she could.

"Oh there you are!" said Momo grabbing Jeongyeon by the arm as she came closer.

"We are going inside to look for food, you hungry?"

"Starving " she answered and they made their way inside the main building of the auditorium.

After a few minutes of wandering around aimlessly they finally spotted a small area which had been transformed into a mini foodcourt.

"Oh thank god!" sighed Dahyun almost running towards the food.

They were all exhausted and extremely hungry.

Quite a few idols were already gathered in the area, helping themselves to all sort of snacks and drinks.

She spotted a few members of GOT7, whom she knew rather well, being under the same company.

"Hello ladies!" Jackson greeted them cheerfully.

They all greeted him back and started serving themselves food on paper plates.

She was reaching for a particularly juicy looking chicken hotdog when she felt the presence of someone next to her.
She looked up to see Mark Tuan smiling down at her.

"Hey"

"Hey" she smiled back.

"Having fun?"

"Yeah...I guess. Do you want one?"

He nodded and she neatly served a hotdog onto his plate.

"How are you doing these days?" he asked casually.

Jeongyeon moved onto the next tray of snacks.

"I'm doing fine" she laughed, "how about you?"

"I'm doing fine too."

They both laughed.

"What is this conversation.."

"Have you tried songwriting?" he inquired suddenly.

"Not really..."

"You should! It's very healing once you get the hang of it. You can just put all those emotions into lyrics...the stuff you can't necessarily say out loud."

She looked up at him curiously.

He looked back, his eyes twinkling.

'Yeah....I guess I should try it" she finally said breaking the eye contact and they both headed towards the classic fried chicken.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Weird chapter?😅
Thanks for reading 😁