Chapter 26

Jeongyeon

The months of February and March had flown by so quickly, it had felt like she been sucked into a black hole and thrown out from the other end.

Time flies when you're having fun.

Hmm...
"I guess I did have fun making the album " she thought, reminiscing memories from the past few weeks.

It was the second of April, which meant they only had a little over a week to release their new album and music video titled 'What is Love'.
They had just finished yet another dance practise session and were laying on light timber floors in exhaustion.

She looked at the clock hanging just below the ceiling of the small practise room. It was half past three in the afternoon.

"Definitely need a nap today".

She turned her head to the right and met her reflection through the large mirrors that covered the walls.
Her cheeks were flushed pink and her newly coloured candy pink hair was sticking to her forehead with sweat.

She slowly forced herself to get up and winced slightly as she stretched her legs.

"Holy shit I'm hungry " she heard Sana mutter. Someone agreed distinctly. She couldn't tell who.
She guessed it to be Chaeyoung.
She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see Momo.

"You going back to the room?" she asked sounding slightly breathless.

"Yeah "

"I'm coming too."

Together they walked back to their dorm room, a few other members following further behind.

Once they got to the room they shared, a small match of rock, paper and scissors was played to determine who got to occupy the bathroom first.

Jeongyeon won and walked smugly into the bathroom with a pair of old shorts and an oversized tshirt to change into.
In the shower she enjoyed the high pressure stream of hot water attacking her skin.
Her aching muscles felt soothed by the hot massage.
Pouring some lavender scented body gel onto her hands, probably more than what was necessary, she rubbed it all over her body.
She felt slightly lightheaded, as if the steam that was now filling the bathroom had also gotten into her head.

She only reluctantly left the bathroom after a series of knocks on the door by Momo, which had progressively gotten louder and more aggressive.

Back in the room, she quickly jumped into her bed and snuggled beneath the fluffy covers, sighing in content.

"Finally.."

She felt her eyelids drooping and her mind slowly sliding into a state of unconsciousness.
She was just about to completely succumb to this state when she heard Momo's voice muttering something she didn't have the presence of mind to comprehend.

"Jeongyeon!"

This time she heard it quite clearly.
She groaned inside.

"Let me sleep..."

"What?" she muttered into her pillow.

"I need some advice."

She lifted her head slightly so that her vision wasn't obscured by the pillowcase and looked at Momo who was now pouting.
She frowned.

"On what?"

"Well.....boys."

Her mind suddenly cleared and she straightened up on her elbow.
What could she say. The subject matter caught her attention.