Chapter 29

Jimin

He walked through the crowd with his members along the red carpet.
The noise of screaming fans greeted them everywhere.

A few hours earlier they had been doing their last minute practices for their performance.
This was their first performance at the BBMA's and everyone was collectively nervous.
Which led to them being far more held up on little details than they would usually be.

At the end they had decided to just stop and relax.

"Listen" their dance instructor Son Sung-deuk had said as they sat panting on a long sofa after a particularly stressful dance practice of Fake Love.

"The performance isn't gonna get any better than this. You guys can nail it.
So just relax and be confident"

Jimin had nodded along with the others, feeling a little less anxious after the pep talk.

Soon after they had gotten ready and been taken to the arena via a white limousine.
It had been quite exhilarating getting out of the vehicle to be greeted by thousands of fans and celebrities.

"HA HA HA!" Namjoon's signature fake laugh brought him back to the present.
They were being interviewed by a blond woman. She seemed very enthusiastic.
He hadn't been paying attention but he probably wouldn't have understood anyway.
Jimin assumed she must've said something stupid for Namjoon to unleash is fake laugh which he had mastered through western interviews alone.

They were hardly asked any important questions in those and Namjoon often had no choice but to force out a laugh in answer.

Jimin had noticed "Who would you like to collab with?" was becoming a quite frequent question and was considering naming Yeontan, Taehyung's pet dog, when they were asked again.

"Barking dog albums are a thing these days"

After another quick interview hosted by a tall man wearing absolutely horrendous shorts, they were finally allowed to enter the building.

A cadre of managers and security personnel walked around them as they moved ahead through the bustling corridors of the building.
Their shoes clicked noisily on the polished marble floors.

The air smelt like a mix of expensive perfume, alcohol and cigarettes to him.

"Kinda stinks in here" he told the others loudly.

That was the best part of being in a foreign country, they could talk anything in Korean without getting into trouble.

A few members of the camera crew followed them as well but they only shot during specific moments which they were told of beforehand.

He spotted a few familiar looking faces and his excitement grew, thinking of all the famous people he would meet.
They had attended the ceremony the previous year as well along with the AMA's. However the guest list changed.

"Wonder if Usher is here"

"Anyone seen Halsey?" Namjoon's voice spoke up.
They all shook their heads.
"She's probably seated already" offered Yoongi.
They had met Halsey last year and developed an unexpected friendship with her.
To their surprise she had already been a fan of theirs and they had all connected with her naturally.
Now she was one of their closest celebrity friends in the US, apart from maybe Steve Aoki.

As they moved further they met a short and rather overweight man.
He racked his brain trying to remember a name for the familiar looking face.

"DJ Khaled " the man announced shaking Namjoon's hand.