Chapter 5

Jeongyeon

 "Caught in a LIEEEE" sang the voice coming out of her headphones, while Jeongyeon lay sprawled on her bed.

It had been almost 2 months since the song had been released and she couldn't stop listening to Lie.

It was annoying her because obviously the song reminded her of Jimin and everytime she thought of him a weird feeling swept through her mind. A feeling she was beginning to despise. But she still listened. Everyday. It was like an addiction.

While she lay staring at the ceiling Momo came in , as they shared the room, and flopped herself onto the same bed, her head laying on Jeongyeon's stomach.

"Hey guess what!" she said excitedly
"What?" Jeongyeon asked, slightly raising her head from the pillow to look at Momo.

"They are planning a collaborative dancing stage for SBS and they asked Mina and me to join!"
"Oh my god WOW!!" she exclaimed, taking off her headphones and tackling Momo in a hug.
"It's like divided into segments, there's a contemporary part and modern dance. Another group are doing Bruno Mars.." Momo went on explaining as Jeongyeon listened with a smile on her face.

She was genuinely happy and excited for her members.
"So who else is dancing?"
Momo started reciting a long list of idols from various groups including GOT7, Blackpink and NCT.
"....Lisa, Jinyoung and er.." she paused a bit to sneak in a cheeky glance at Jeongyeon " Jimin".

"Ah.." she said trying her best not to react to his name and taking a sip of Sprite from a can sitting on her side table.
Momo stared at her for a long moment.

"You like him don't you?"

She instantly choked on her Sprite. Her eyes teared up as she went into a mild coughing fit.

"That answered my question " smirked Momo while stroking her back soothingly.

"I don't.." she croaked.

She kept suppressing her thoughts whenever they were related to him and she refused to acknowledge him.

"Sweetie...you act weird around him, your face turns red whenever he looks at you..AND.." she reached for Jeongyeon's headphones and put them on "oh my god I was right!you are addicted to his solo!" she laughed throwing her head back.

Jeongyeon quickly grabbed her headphones and turned them off, her face extremely red and glared at Momo.

"It's just a song..I don't like him"
She hadn't even admitted it to herself so there was no way she would admit it to another person.

"Look...it's not just me..everyone has noticed it"
"WHO'S EVERYONE??" she yelled in panic.
"Calm down, I meant the members."
"I don't like him" she repeated but it sounded like she was trying to convince herself.

"Look" said Momo making Jeongyeon look at her "It's ok...we get it. He's a catch. There's nothing to be ashamed about"
She looked away pouting, her face red as a tomato.
"Awww!" Momo tackled her with a hug "this is so cute!"
Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and pushed her away.

"You can come with us for practice, you know just to watch. They won't mind."
"I don't want to"
"Sure you don't"
"I don't!"
"I can talk to him if you like..with Nayeon or Sana"
"DON'T YOU DARE!"
"OKAY okay" Momo held her hands up defensively. "Take your time then".

Just then Nayeon walked in to call them for practice. They were planning their MMA stage.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Nothing " she said quickly, almost yelling.
"Jimin" said Momo calmly at the same time.
"Ah!" A wide smile appeared on her face. "So are you gonna ask him out?"

"We aren't even allowed to date!"

"Meh" shrugged Nayeon.
Jeongyeon stared at her in exasperation.
"She doesn't even admit that she likes him" answered Momo getting up.
Nayeon rolled her eyes. "Oh please."

"Enough about him. I'm gonna get changed" huffed Jeongyeon as she quickly grabbed the first set of clothes she saw in her cupboard and hurried into the bathroom.

Unfortunately what she had grabbed turned out to be a pink tshirt and black underwear instead of shorts, and she had already thrown in the old batty sweatpants she had been wearing, into the laundry.
She closed her eyes trying not to get pissed.

"Um guys...could you pass those black shorts for me.."she said peeking her head outside with the underwear, "and put this back in?"

She was given the shorts a few minutes later, after Nayeon and Momo had finished laughing.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Thanks for reading! 😊
I might update again today🤔