Chapter 1

This is my first time writing. If you're reading then I would truly appreciate any comments to help me improve. I will do my best to add at least 2 chapters daily
Plz enjoy x

I'm so cold. It's dark. It's always dark in this room.

"ITS TIME!" a voice called out from the other side of the door. There were three other girls in the room with me and we all knew what those words meant.

Once a week we would all be taken to another room where one of the walls had a huge mirror on it. It was almost the size of the entire wall. It was only a mirror on our side though. On the other side it was a window. A window for clients to see what was on display this week. Clients with fangs.

It had been 3 years since I first got here. I was only fourteen at that time. I remember climbing out of the shower at home when suddenly I heard a scream and the sound of glass smashing. I ran with my towel wrapped around me towards where I thought the noise was coming from. I had just turned towards the kitchen when I was caught off guard. Someone had grabbed me, and pushed me against a wall, before I could see what had happened. Within seconds I was on the ground with some sort of cloth covering being held over my face. I remember trying to kick as hard as I could to get this person off of me, and then......

Blackness!

I woke up here in this room. For three years I have only known this room. This one and the one with the mirror.

Have you ever known stone cold, confusing fear?

I have spent endless nights wondering if I will ever see my parents again. Wondering if my younger sister ended up like me. Are they even alive? Are they ok? What happened to them?! These thoughts consumed me. It was all I had to hold onto. That maybe,....
Just maybe....

I heard one of the girls gasp as the sound of the key turning in the lock echoed in the tiny room.

The door burst open.

"Hurry up!" the keeper whispered "They are waiting!"

Like we don't know that already!

We quickly made our way down the narrow hall towards the mirror room. That dreaded room where, if we were chosen, then we would be entering into a completely different kind of hell.

Vampires feed on humans. And when they get bord, as they always do, we get tossed into a pit to fight other humans as a source of entertainment. It's a fight to death. Whoever survives gets to work in the household as a servant. Not much of a victory in my opinion.

I don't want to be here! I want to be gone! I don't know where. Just gone! Just not here.

There were four chairs lined up next to each other in the mirror room. All of them facing the mirror. I had been in this room so many times before and by some miracle was never chosen. I always sit in the chair closest to the door hoping to exit the same way I came in.

Once we were all seated the keeper left through a door on the other side of the room. The door was locked and the lights got brighter. We had to sit still and stare at our reflections in the mirror. I hated this part. I hated seeing the person staring back at me.

Long dark hair that was always messy as I tried to use it to keep my face as concealed as possible. A tatty hand me down dress that just barley covered the marks I had from rough handling. The boney limbs that dangled from my tiny frame. Not to mention the fact that we were always dirty. I cant remember the last time I had a decent hot shower. We were just hosed down whenever a new clothing item was passed on to us.

I really missed my shower.

I closed my eyes and tilted my head to the floor in an attempt to sway my thoughts when suddenly...

CLANG CLANG!!

A loud banging noise came from behind the mirror. I quickly returned my gaze to my reflection. Clients dont usually do things like that. Was something wrong?

I looked at the other girls to see if they were as startled as I was. We were all staring at each other with puzzled looks when suddenly the lights dimmed again.

Usually the keeper would come back in now to collect the girl that had been purchased, and the rest of us would return to our tiny room. But not this time...

I would rather rot in that room than become someone's next meal or plaything. The thought of it makes me sick!

The door slowly opened to reveal a tall dark figure standing in the doorway. It was the first time since being here that I saw someone other than the keeper.

The man had a long coat on with a hood on his head that covered most of his face. Intimidating much! I instantly looked down to the floor, hoping that somehow it would make me invisible.

He just stood there. Not saying a word.

"Who are you?" asked the girl to my right.

Don't speak unless spoken to! She should know that by now!

She had barely finished her question when the keeper rushed passed the stranger to slap her across the face.

"SILENCE!" he yelled. "How dare you speak in the presence of royalty?!"

Royalty...?