Chapter 12

Master was in an unusual good mood. Or maybe this is normal for him? Maybe he just had a bad day yesterday and I saw the worst. Hopefully that was as bad as it gets.

I'm pretty sure I even heard him hum a little while looking at some paperwork and glancing through some books.

I wondered what kind of books they were. I tried to take note of the ones he placed back onto his shelf so that I could check it out later.

I was just sitting on the couch while he was busy. I didn't know what else to do. I don't think I'm allowed to do anything else actually. But I wasn't too bothered by it. I was comfortable. I was quiet. I was currently care free. Just... relaxing.

And he didn't seem to mind at all. As if he didn't even know I was there. It was... nice, until a sudden knock on the door snapped me back to reality.

"Come in" Master said in a cheerful tone.

It wasn't a moment and the door burst open...

It was the same young boy from earlier.

He was gasping for air as he made his way over to the desk Master was sitting at.

"Sir.... a... a l..letter for.. you" the boy said to him while trying to catch his breath.

In a flash Master was standing right in front of him, grabbing the letter from the boys hand and tearing it open.

He looked distressed. This must be something really important.

I watched closely as masters expression grew more grave with every word he read.

Did something bad happen? Who was it from?

"Elizabeth" he said as he motioned for the boy to leave. "Get your scarf. We need to go"

I didn't think twice about it. I jumped to my feet and rushed to grab my ownership collar. I didn't know what was happening but it looked serious. Serious enough to completely kill the good atmosphere we had going a moment ago.

Within a minute I was ready and standing back in front of him.

Master stepped closer as he faced me. He leaned in even more when his feet stopped moving. Almost like he wanted me to hug him or something.

But that wasn't the case..

He brought his face right up beside mine and slowly began to whisper something in my ear...
"I would like to apologize in advance" he said. "You know what I need from you."

What he needs? ..... my blood?
My eyes widened and my heart was making its way to my throat again.

He continued. "I know you are not ready, but if I do nothing, it will only be worse later on, so, please forgive me."

And with that he grabbed my arm and forcefully pulled me into the hallway. We rushed down the stairs, because apparently the elevator would be too slow Im assuming, and out the front door where a car was already waiting for us.

How the hell did he pull that off so quickly??

Once we were in the car and on the move I managed to find what little courage I had left in me to say something
"Master, where are we going?" I asked in a very shakey voice.

"Its a club" he replied, while giving me a piercing stare. He's eyes were completely different. It's like there's a demon living inside of him.

What am I saying? He is a demon! A monster that hides behind a fantasy that I apparently built up inside my head.

How could I have thought any different.

He didn't take his eyes off me once. And I just sat there, staring back at him, like an idiot.

Within minutes the car had stopped outside of what looked like an abandoned run down building. This did not look like any kind of club I ever imagined. It looked like something out of a ghost story. The windows were all rusted and broken and there was trash lying everywhere.

Master didn't hesitate. He took me by the wrist again as we exited the car and led me round the back of the building to a small red door with a no entry sign on it.

This was all happening so quickly, did didn't have time to register any of it.

Master gave two hard knocks followed by 3 softer ones. Like some sort of code.

The door opened...