•one•

They say you can die from a broken heart. I always thought this was a myth, but then again I also didn't believe in ghosts.

There was a soft knock on my second story window, it instantly brought me out of my thoughts. When I looked up, I was met with my boyfriend Luke's pleading eyes.

"Luke?" I gently opened my window, weary of my parent's presence in the next room, along with my brother asleep on my bed. Alex had been crying because of our unsupportive parents, so I comforted him until he fell asleep. No matter what, I will forever support my brother.

"Hi, love." His soft voice replies as he enters my room. "What's wrong?" I asked, closing the window behind him, noticing his tear filled eyes.

"I ran away." He says with a sigh, pulling his orange beanie off his head and throwing it onto my bed. Luke was dressed in his white long sleeve top, his regular black jeans, and converse.

Luke and I had been dating for almost two years now, but we've known each other since elementary school. He was in a band, Sunset Curve, with my twin brother Alex, Reggie, and Bobby. Bobby kind of gave me weird vibes sometimes, though.

"Why? This is the first place they're going to look for you? That or any of the boys house." I whispered before hearing the phones begin ringing around the house. Luke's body tensed up as he realized who it could be. "I got it!" I heard my mom yell. "Hide!" I exclaimed as the ringing stopped, meaning she had answered the phone. Pushing the 5'8 boy to my closet, I closed the door behind him before sitting down on my bed beside Alex.

Before I knew it, footsteps approached my room. "Angel?" My parent's soft voice rang over the knock. Noticing the beanie on my bed, I tucked it under my bedsheets as the door opened. "We need to talk to you and your brother. Can you wake him up?" My father frowned down at his son. Sighing, I nudged my brother's side. Alex was a soft sleeper, so he woke up pretty easily.

"Huh?" His puffy blue eyes look up at me. "They need to talk to us." I sighed, motioning to our parents behind him. Alex gulps and sits up before looking up at our parents.

Our father leans against my desk, meanwhile our mother sits down on the couch. "This isn't about earlier's...incident." Our father refers to Alex coming out as an 'incident.' My blood begins to boil at this comment.

"Luke ran away." Our mother stated, blankly. "What?" Alex exclaims. To act like he wasn't in my closet at that moment, I looked down at my lap slowly, forming tears in my eyes. "Do you know why?" I gently asked. "Emily and Mitch didn't want Luke in the band anymore, and he ran away." My mother gently says as I look up at her.

After we she and our father did to Alex, I couldn't bare to act like I was okay. The tears later turned into real ones as I remember earlier's fight.

"Can I be alone?" I gently asked, trying to keep my temper from boiling over. The three of them begin to stand up. "Wait, Alex, can you stay?" I gently asked, meeting his puffy eyes. My brother gently nods and sits back down on my bed.

"If you hear anything from Luke, let us know." Our father says before shutting the door. Wow, they didn't even comfort us or anything.

Once I was sure they were gone, I stood up and opened the closet. "Oh thank god, I had to sneeze so bad." Luke sighs before exiting. "Oh my god, you scared me!" Alex whisper-shouts before standing up and hugging his best friend. "You better not tell our parents he's here." I told Alex as they pulled away. "Why would I? Especially after tonight." Alex replies before laying back down on my bed.

"What happened?" Luke gently asks, sitting down on the edge of my bed and holding his arm out for me. Nodding, I walked over to meet his grasp. His muscular arm wrapped around my waist as we talked. "I came out." Alex replied. "No way! Congratulations, man! How'd it go?" Luke asks.

That's the thing about Luke, he always looked over the bad and immediately thought of the best. It was one of my favorite things about him.

"It didn't go well." I sighed, placing a soft kiss on his head. "I'm sorry, Alex. You deserve to be accepted." Luke opens his other arm for Alex. Alex happily smiles and accept his hug. Wrapping my other arm around my brother, I made it into a group hug. "Thank you for accepting me." I heard my brother softly say.

The three of us sat there in each other's company before pulling away. "Luke? Where are you staying?" I gently asked. "Um, good question." He replies, avoiding my eyes. He knows I'm worried about him.

"Our garage is free?" Alex suggests. "Thanks, man. But I don't want to intrude like that." Luke replies, gently pulling away from me. "You're not intruding. We love having you here." I replied, feeling his warm arm slip away from my waist. "Thank you. Seriously." Luke sighs again as he slips his beanie over my dirty blonde hair. Just by looking into his eyes as he slipped the beanie over my hair, I could tell he was exhausted. "You should get some sleep. I'm worried about you." I replied, adjusting the beanie. "Don't be. I'll be okay." He kisses my nose before standing up.

"I'll come down with you. I kind of want to get out of the house, even if it's just to the garage for a few minutes." Alex says as Luke straightened his posture. "I love you." I told Luke as he slipped his arms around my waist again. "I love you too. I'll see you in the morning." His eyes finally perked up as a smile began to etch it's way onto his gorgeous features. Smiling, I leaned in and kissed his lips. "Sleep well, princess." He smiles into this kiss.

"Bleh." Alex fake gags a few feet away. "Shut up, Alex." I giggled as I pulled away. "Stay warm, it's cold out." I smile up at my boyfriend before escaping his grasp and returning to my bed. A goofy grin was on his face as he waited for Alex. "Night, Angel." Alex brightly smiles as he followed his best friend out my window. "Good night, Alex." I chuckled.