chapter 48

Tyler lets go of my hand and sits on the bed. He pats the spot in front of him. I walk over and sit.

"Thank you." He says quietly.

"For what?"

"Staying and listening to me. It means a lot." He looks to the bed cover and fiddles with it.

"I will try to understand your situations more. Your confession earlier really hit hard on me."

I look him over. He seems so worried about something and I don't like seeing him like this. It really affects me for some reason.

"Sorry for that. It just came out and you're the only person I trust enough to rant to. I know thats saying a lot but it might only be the mate bond doing this to me but I trust you and love you. I can't live without you and when they said rogues I immediately went into protection mode to protect you. You are my priority.  The one thing I can't live without."

I look at his shoulders which dropped in defeat. I really am a stubborn bitch. "It's okay. You can rant all you want, I'll listen. And it was killing me when you weren't talking to me in the car and basically ignored me. I need you too. You're the one I can't live without."

He lifts his head and his eyes hold hope. He wipes his cheeks. I lift my hands and pull his hands away from his face. I cup his face and wipe away the tears with my thumb. He continues to let them fall.

"You bring out all the weak emotions in me. I'm suppose to be strong and scary not crying and ranting my soul out." His voice wavers and his eyes water.

"You are strong and there is nothing wrong with ranting your soul out. I'm glad it's to me. That I get to see that you aren't a big scary alpha but a sweetheart underneath." I kiss his nose and forehead. "I wouldn't have you any other way."

He gives me a small smile. "Glad you want me."

"Never said I didn't."

He pulls me into a hug and holds me. He places his nose against my neck and I feel his breath. It's warm and quick.

"Thank you, my hidden moon. You have no idea what that means to me."

I smile and cuddle against his chest. He's warm and comfortable. It's relaxing. 

"What are you thinking?" He whispers.

"How relaxing and protected I feel in your arms." I mutter out and hide my face into his chest with embarrassment.

"Good that's the way it should be." He says smugly.

He starts to humm and rock me back and forth. I close my eyes and listen. He does this for a while and I don't speak a word so he continues. The humming eventually quiets down and his breathing deepens.

Awww. He fell asleep. I go to get out of his arms but he won't let me go. I lean against him and we fall back onto the bed. He rolls to his side and  cuddles against me. He buries his head into my neck and mutters something.

I lift my hand and play with his hair. His arm tightens around me and squishes me closer to him. I kiss his forehead and he smiles.

Such a cutie. And I feel so bad for doing that to him. I am the exact opposite of what he expected. How does he put up with me? I'm not the best person to be around but he's always there for me when I need him. I got so lucky.

I grab a strand of his hair and twist it around my finger the best I can. It doesn't twist very far.

"Summer." I look to the door and see Jake standing there.

I try to get out of Tyler's grasp but he rolls over on me. Oh my gosh he's a heavy one.

I hear snickering and feet walk towards me. Jake moves Tyler off of me and helps me to my feet. "Follow me."