chapter 89

"I won't let them harm any of you. If I tell you to fucking run, listen to me. I can handle them myself." I order them all.

"Yes Luna." Jake and Jack say in sync with a nod of their heads.

"Summer-" Tyler begins.

"No!" I cut him off and stop walking. He stands and faces me. "I want you to fucking run. Please. You have your pack to take care of but this is my problem. Please, just run. I can handle myself against them."

He releases my hand and cups my fac, making suremy eyes caych his. "I'm not leaving you."

"No, this time you will have to. I won't live with myself if any of you die because of me. I swore to protect you all and I sure as hell plan on making sure I fulfill my promise." I tell them all.

"No. I am staying by your side. You could've made me run earlier but since you said yes to marrying me, I am never leaving your side." He swears.

"Then I sure as hell expect you to understand that what I say goes once we pass through those doors," I point towards the large wooden doors. "Am I clear?"

"Yes Luna." They all nod.

We all face towards the door and begin the most nerve wrecking 20-foot walk I've ever made. Lucian throws the doors open and we walk into a court room.

The seats are filled with all of the worlds commanders. The judge's seat is filled with six of the world's best Strikers. The youngest is in her thirties and the oldest is in his eighties. There are three girls and three guys.

The girls seem to be the youngest and the men are the oldest. I might be wrong though. They all have similar features. Brown hair and brown eyes, structured jaws, built forms, and sharp jawlines. Are they a fucking family!?

"Striker and agent Summer Woods, you were called here for a trial. Please step forward and introduce your entourage." My commander says, walking from the witness seat.

I raise my chin and stop in front of the judge's desk. "My two guards Striker Jack and Jake," I motion towards them and the nod their head. "And my fiancé, Tyler." I grip his hand and hold it tightly to assure myself he won't leave me.

"Why did you bring your lover into this?" One of the female Elders asks.

I smile. "Well, if I do something stupid enough, I don't want their last thoughts of me being asleep on a couch."

A smile comes from all the men Elders and the eldest speaks up. "What did you do to earn time on the couch? With a pretty face like yours, who would have thought you would know what a couch is."

"I didn't listen to my guy." I shrug.

Laughter erupts around the room.

"Summer? Who do you listen to?" My commander asks.

The whole room turns silent and the Elders watch me. I release Tyler's hand and motion for him and our best friends to sit down at the chairs along the jury stand. And who is at the jury stand? All my the commanders I've ever worked with. Tyler sighs but listens.

"That is a good question." I admit. "To be honest, I think I listen to myself and maybe my father."

"Why don't you listen to your commander? There is a reason why he is your commander." The eldest female asks.

"Why don't I listen to him? Oh well, let me think." I pause for effect. "When my branch went on fire I had to go straight to headquarters to ask for it to be fixed when it is a commander's job to report all that. When the War was going on, I showed up to my commander's branch to see complete chaos. I had to calm all the strikers, trackers, and kids. I-"