chapter 59

"Why the hell did you have to use it on us?" Tyler asks me.

"Why the hell did you have to start yapping like a dog?" I retort back.

He growls at me and I quickly switch lanes. He leans against the almost non existant door and yelps. I grab his fur with my hand and pull him back in.

"Thanks for not letting me get road rash. I heard that hurts." Tyler whines.

"It actually hurts like a bitch." I tell him.

"WHAT!?" He yells.

I break into laughter, gaining stares from everyone in the backseat. I look to them from the mirror.

"Road rash. Hurts like a bitch." I say chuckling.

"How did you get Road rash?" Nate asks.

"I drive a motorcycle. I think that explains enough." I say.

"Oh! But theres this time you were pushed out of a van." Jack chimes in.

I cringe. "I remember that. I think that was one of the worst missions ever. That was one of the few I failed. I'm actually shocked I haven't been fired yet."

"They need you. You are the best Striker they have right now. They will need you to train the others."

"I have an agreement that I'm not downgrading to kids again. I love them but my place is in running the Forest branch. And once this is cleared up I'm going back to work there. I am already four months behind on paperwork and then add the place burning down?"

"Do you have back ups?" Lucian asks.

"Do I have back ups?" I mock. "Of course I do! I might be blonde but I'm not stupid. But where the copies are, you will never guess. That's the price of being the best hider."

"Where are they?" Jack asks, leaning forward.

"Thats for your adviser to know and you to never find out." I say with a grin.

"No! Don't play that card on me! That's a bitch move." Jack whines.

I laugh. "Sorry buddy but it's true."

"Adviser?" Nate asks shifting postion.

"I told you. I worked hard to get where I am at."

"Yeah, worked." He says under his breath.

I glare at him through the mirror but he keeps his eyes away from mine. A light gray Volkswagen Bug drives by. I lean back and punch Nate on the leg. "Gray bug!"

I grab the wheel and chuckle. He groans in pain and rubs his leg where a bruise is forming. "What the hell!?"

"Why did you punch him?" Tyler asks.

"Its a game. Ever heard of punch buggy?" They shake their head. "Well when a Volkswagen Bug drives by you punch someone nearby and say the color. If you don't say the color then the person who you punched gets to punch you back harder. I use to play this road game when I was with my old unit. And did you know there is so many colors for a bruise to be?" I chuckle.

"Why did you play such a violent game?" Jake asks.

"Violent? Not even close. It's just a mild game. Unless you want to play I spy." I offer.

"No thanks. That's to childish for me." Lucian says.

Jack and I break into laughter. "Childish? Apparently you haven't been around us two. We always end up playing some childhood game." Jack says.