chapter 60

I run into the forest and aim at the people that everybody missed or tried to run from them. The wolves spilt off and do their own thing.

Tyler stayed by my side and watched my back. You have no idea how calming that is, not having to watch your back time and time again.

"On your left!" Tyler says.

I throw a knife without looking and hear the body hit the floor.

"Captain America! Hottest superhero ever!" I respond, getting the reference he didn't mean to make.

"What about me?"

"You are hot too I guess." I snicker.

I turn and shoot at a couple of others running. I touch my ear and see I don't have a comms unit.

"Guys! I need a status report." I send to all the wolves.

"Few warriors are dead from shots to the head. The enemies team has lowered significantly." Alejandro responds.

I sigh and run towards the battle field.

I freeze mid step when my eyes land on the field in front of me.

I gasp and take a subconsious step back. There are dead bodies everywhere. Most of them are people I know, people who have listened to me, and people who have protected me.

I look forward and meet the eyes of the guy who caused this war. He grins at me. "Welcome to the fight Woods! How does it feel to be the death of all these men?"

I tighten my hold on the bow and join in the fight. I hit their heads to knock them out. I pull out an arrow and notch it. I pivot and aim at the guy who started this mess. I pull the arrow to my cheek and release. Time slows down.

The arrow spins slightly and flies towards its target. It follows the path I made for it to hit the neck. The best part is he didn't see it coming. He was fighting off a huge black and gray wolf.

Wait, where did that wolf come from?

They arrow flies and is caught by a hand. I pan my eyes up some to see him holding the arrow and glaring at me. The black wolf is on the floor, bleeding out.

"Woods. You don't learn do you? I'm unkillable. You can't kill me and none of your minions can. We went far not being noticed and one screw up from you caused all this to happen. Just give up. To save everyone, just give up. I will spare you all."

I stop and feel anger course through me. "GIVE UP!? Who the fuck do you think I am? I've never given up and I don't plan on doing it now."

"I think you a little girl who doesn't know what she has gotten herself into."

I quickly drop my bow and pull out the pistols. I pull the trigger repeatedly. There is no way he can dodge these. A few of the bullets hit his torso and stomach.

"Fuck!" He bellows, stumbling back.

I give him an evil smile. "You mess with the best, you die like the rest."

"What are you? The rest?" He laughs.

I see the black wolf stand shakily and partially circle him. Who is him you ask. His name is Joseph.

"You, girl, are dead." He yells at me. He pulls a gun out and aims it at me.

Wait, where the hell did he get a gun? I duck and grab my bow. I pull out an arrow and shoot it at them. He ducks. I run towards him while shooting, with my pistols, all the people that run towards me to stop me.