chapter 77

"Come on. You only had 9!" Jack complains.

I shake my head and push the empty glass towards him. Jack frowns and tosses the empty water bottle towards the trashcan and misses. I smile and watch him pick it and throw it in the can.

"Will you at least drink from the bottle then?" Jack asks.

I nod and uncap another bottle and down it in record time. I turn and throw it in the trashcan perfect. I grin and let out a small ha.

Jack frowns at me and pushes another bottle towards me. I uncap it and drink it slower. Jack's head snaps towards the doors. I throw the bottle across the room and into the trash when the doors slam open, making me jump. I look over and see Kyle standing there, breathing heavily.

"He's groaning in pain and asking for you," Kyle tells me. My eyes widen and I bolt faster than the full blooded wolves down the hall and into Tyler's room. I see him twisting and turning in pain while the nurses and doctors hold him down. He screams out in pain. I rush to his side but the nurses push me back. I stumble back in shock.

Then anger courses through me.

"I am his mate! You will let me touch him!" I bellow.

Everyone freezes, except for Tyler, and looks at me in shock. They didn't expect me to talk or even have more authority than Kyle has the past three days. I push the nurses aside and grip Tyler's hand. His hand tightens in mine and his twisting lessens.

"I'm here now, I'm sorry I left." I whisper out, stroking his arm before cupping his face. He sighs in relief and stops moving. His lips are moving but no words are coming out.

Make the pain go away. It burns please make it go away. Carson isn't speaking to me. I can't even feel Carson. Please. Make the burning go away.

"Thank you!" I tell the shadows.

"Where does it burn, baby?" I ask. I brush his hair from his face and comb it to the side. He begins mouthing the words again.

Everywhere. Please make it stop! Only your touch stopped it!

I trail my hand down his other arm and pull his hand to my lips to kiss his bruised knuckles.

"Miss, you have to stop touching him." The nurse begins to say. I turn my gaze towards her and glare at her.

"You won't tell me what to do." I warn her.

"Well, you certainly fixed her." Kyle says.

"Yep, it is my job." Jack says smugly.

The nurse backs away with her hands raised.

Make it stop!

I cringe back when the shadows yell it in my ears. Tyler begins moaning in pain and twisting, all his muscles are tense. I turn back towards him and place my hands on his chest and gently press him towards the bed. He sighs in relief and his hands unclench.

"Tyler, I'm sorry this happened to you. I wish I could have stalled Carson from leaving." I whisper. I hear the door click shut and turn to see everyone gone. "Can I lay beside you?" I ask.

Please. I missed your touch.

I walk over to his right side and gently lay on the bed so I'm laying halfway on him and halfway on the bed.

"Does this hurt?" I ask.

No. I rest my head on his chest and close my eyes. Have you taken care of yourself while I was out?

"No," I mutter almost incoherently.

Did anyone take care of you!? Did Jake? He knows that you are his Luna!