chapter 34

I start to slowly become aware of my surroundings. I have my legs on someone else's and my head is laying on someone's shoulder. Wait. I didn't fall asleep like this.

I open my eyes and see Tyler holding me while I have my legs on Jack's lap. I look over to Nathan and he is asleep too. I look to Viktor. He is awake and looking at us.

"Your sleeping routine amazes me. We just got here and you wake up. While the boys fell asleep maybe half an hour to an hour after you did. And they are still asleep." He says shifting in his seat.

"Heres how to wake up all three." I say. I move my feet off of Jack and lean away from Tyler. I kick Nathan and they all wake right up.

"Stupid men. Its time to play!" I announce.

"Come on! How are you so chipper?" Jack says rubbing his eyes.

I stretch my arms. "Don't know."

"I am serious. How are you so chipper?"

I shrug and give him a grin.

"Hey. Better chipper than pissed right?" Nathan asks him.

"I guess but either way if I mess up she will kick my ass." He says with a grin.

Viktor climbs past us and opens the door. I follow behind him and gasp at what I see.

Knightley Academy. It looks like any private school would but I have always thought this place was awesome. I hear Nathan and Tyler step beside me. Jack walks ahead beside Viktor. Tyler grabs my hand and laces his fingers through mine. He squeezes my hand and I give him a smile.

"Ready to see me do my job?" I ask him with a slight frown.

"Yeah. Just promise me one thing." He says walking in front of me.

I stand there. What could he possibly want? "What is it?"

"I want you to be safe and take care of yourself. I don't want you to get hurt. Promise me you will come back alive and in one peice for me?" He says.

I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me against him. I peck his lips. "Nope no promises. Because you know me and I will come back alive and in one peice."

He smiles. "That's all I'm asking for." He gives me a kiss on the lips with some emotion.

I laugh with my lips still against his. I hear some clear their throat and pull away and see Nathan looking at us with a raised eyebrow.

I give him a grin.

"You..." He starts to say.

"Me what?" I ask pulling away from Tyler and walk up to Nathan.

He seems flustered for a second then turns serious. "Remeber why we are here. Don't let you emotions get in the way."

"Yes father." I say to him with a scowl. Why is he so moody? I walk past him bumping his shoulder. He knows me well enough to know that I never let emotions take over me. And I never forget about a mission.

"Hey-" Nathan begins to say to probably Tyler.

I feel anger begining to form in me again but I am not causing it. I turn around and see Tyler looking pissed off.

"No! She is MINE!" Tyler yells pointing at me with his whole hand.

I run up to Jack with a worried expression. He pulls me into his arms.

"Just don't cry. Nathan is just trying to protect you. He means no harm. I'll talk to him for you, baby kitty. I've known Tyler longer than he has. I will make him see how much you care for Tyler." He says rocking me side to side.

"I hope you're right because I don't want to loose either of them." I say into his shoulder.

"Well you always have me." He says resting his chin on my head.

"Yeh but I can't loose my brother again. And I can't loose Tyler either. I have feelings for him." I say closing my eyes.

I feel Jack push me away from him. He puts his hands on my shoulder. "Open your eyes." I open my eyes and see his face show he isn't joking anymore. He shows complete seriousness. "You love him and you won't leave him. I saw from the first time you were around him with me around I saw that he loves you. He didn't even know you but instantly fell in love with you. I know the mate bond does this but I don't think it is only the bond. I think you have fallen for him. Because I sure as hell see he has fallen for you."

I look to the floor. I know he's right. I do love him. And I know he loves me too. But Nathan is very protective of me and what if Tyler can't handle him? What if they never get along or even use to each other? "Jack...I.... I know but.....what if-"

"No what ifs or buts! Summer just face the fact that he isn't going to leave you like the others. He was made for you and you only. God I never thought I would have this conversation with you." He sighs, "You have to trust me on this. I know whats good for you. Nathan might not but I do. I've seen you smile brighter with him around than with me. I see how happy you get when he smiles at you or does something that most people wouldn't do. I saw everything on the ride to the agency. Trust me sweetie. He loves you."

I feel tears form. "Thanks Jackie." I say with a smile. He made me feel better. He knows me so well and I love him for it.

He sighs and smiles. "Glad I can help."

"You ready?" Viktor asks from behind me. I turn and rub my eyes.

"Yeh the sleep has messed up my mind." I lie smoothly.

"Well fix up! We can't make slip up in this one!" He snaps at me.

I glare at him. "Don't tell me what to do!" I poke him in the chest with every word. Then I stop and glare at him before saying "I know how to handle my job just take care about yours."

"I can't do mine if yours is incomplete. I am waiting on you." He says to me.

"Then go do it yourself!"

"Wasn't trained for it. Unlike you. That's why I was waiting on you." He says back to normal.

He riled me up. Stupid man. It could have gotten him hurt. But it was wise I guess. Took me out off my turmoil. I see him grin when he realizes I made the connection.

"Stupid man! It could have gotten you hurt!" I say with a grin. I'm not mad at him. I'm actually glad he did that.

"Well excuse me but I think I did you a favor." He says wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

Stop them!

Make them stop!

Your lover and your brother!

They will ... kill each other!

Shadows. Love to talk.

I turn to look and become instantly worried and pissed. I see Nathan holding Tyler down on the floor in a choke hold. Tyler seems to be trying to tell him to stop but Nate isn't listening. He is radiating pure fury.

"Jack!" I yell, running over to them. I feel Jack follow right behind me.