Giving a side glance to Tsukishima, I tried to figure out what his intentions were. Was he trying to test me like my first day here...?

When we were all set up, I would set up the ball for Hinata, and he would try to spike it despite Tsukishima being the blocker. I couldn't say it was a 50/50 with blocks and spikes, but it was close.

"Are you even trying to set it to him properly? I thought you could play all positions."

... That's the sour-attitude I know....

"Sorry my skills and strategies are too advanced for you to comprehend."

"Tsk."

Hinata, who had returned with the ball, glanced at the two of us with concern.

"You two fighting? Come on... Tanaka and Kageyama haven't finished their argument so you're all I have!"

I rolled my eyes, finding it hard to believe those two were still fighting. Do they even know why they started fighting in the first place?

"Not at all. I was just telling Tsukishima how I'm going to give you the best set you've ever seen."

Hinata's eyes seemed to sparkle at this.

"Really!? I can't wait to see it!"

Soon enough, he tossed the ball to me. I prepared my position and such as if I was going to set the ball for Hinata, then did a setter dump at the last second. Tsukishima wasn't expecting that, and wasn't able to get it. Though it was surprisingly Hinata who was the most frustrated at this.

"Come on! I wanted to see your amazing set!"

I could only chuckle.

"There is no perfect set that will work every time. As such, that setter dump was the 'amazing set'."

Hinata's eyes shined at this, seeming to become more and more excited with my statement.

"That's so cool! You're so smart Katsuro-san!"

I chuckled softly, trying to not get too flustered by his compliment. Perhaps it's because I've gotten to know these guys more... Or maybe because the older I get the harder it is to deny the hormones reacting to being around all the guys...

"Thanks, but it really isn't anything special."

"You're right about that."

Giving Tsukisima a glare, I took a deep breath before heading to get a sip of my water.

As I sat down to catch my breath, I could see Tadashi still working on his jump float serve. He was able to get it over the net, but couldn't seem to aim where he wanted to.

Throughout my training, I had learned various types of serves, and had mastered most kinds. I could do most serves with confidence. But the one I couldn't do was the one I wished I could do the most...

The under-handed serve... The one Katsuro had been able to learn and excel in at such a young age...

"Hey Yamaguchi-san!" I called out as I approached him, "Do you want some tips? I see that you're having some trouble."

Tadashi turned to me, seeming dejected from his lack of progress.

"You know how to do the jump float serve?"

I nodded softly.

"Yeah, but I'll admit it isn't my best serve. Still, I think I could help you improve your serve. Even as a pinch server, you can make a significant difference in a game with a dangerous serve."