14. New friendship

~No one is you except you. That's your super power.

Amyrah

"You!?" I blurted and quickly lowered my eyes muttering a sorry. He looked at me embarassed and began, "Aren't you--" but was rudely interrupted.

"Shehzad, you can speak another time, close the door soon." Zameer said irritatingly. I so wanted to beat him, gritting my teeth, I shut the door. Just before stepping into my house, I glanced back and was met with a sweet smile which made my heart skip a beat.

Shehzad...what a name!

***

Rolling on the bed, I sighed happily. I scrolled my phone and came across an unwatched video. I turned it on.

She just wants to be beautiful, she goes unnoticed, she knows...

The song blared through my phone. At first I looked around making sure that the sound came from my phone. I never listened to songs. But oh well, let's hear what goes next. I fast forwarded it and increased the volume to the maximum. I kept the phone at the far end of the desk, then jumped onto my bed and snuggled with my cuddle-buddy, my pillow!

...You should know you're beautiful just the way you are!

And you don't have to change a thing the world could change it's heart!

No scars to your beautiful! We are stars and we're beautifull..!!

"What in the world is happening!?"

My eyes were almost closed, the song was really meaningful, but why did the voice change? Maybe my imagination...

Oh-oh,oh,oh!..

"This girl is unbelievable!"

The voice changed again? I grimaced at that manly voice, I didn't like it, not one bit.

But, there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark!

You should know you're beautiful just the way you are!!

How meaningful. I closed my eyes, smiling.

Suddenly my eyes flew open and in the next second I was on the floor. Huh?

"Get up! From where is that girly noise erupting?" Ammar grunted looking around the room, closing his ears with one hand while his other hand had the phone pressed in his ears.

"Hey! why are you disturbing my peace?" I glared at him.

No better you than the you that you are, no better life...

Ammar found my phone and angrily switched it off glaring at me. I pouted innocently and screamed giggling, "No better you than the you that you are..!!"

"Urgh!....Shehzad call the ambulance and direct them to my house!"

My eyes widened. I shut my mouth instantly. Shehzad?

I looked around, then realized he's been speaking with him on the phone. With a final glare, he left my room.

My eyes and mouth were still open wide in shock. As I came back to reality, I slowly slumped into the floor groaning. What a perfect timing! Not like I care he heard...right?