56. A fun ride

~ "If you're willing to chase me, I promise I'll run slow."

Amyrah

"Hey, Zehra? Hey, hey, wake up!" I whisper yelled in Zehra's ears.

It was 7 in the morning. I just remembered something really important and I had to ask Zehra, so I had slowly tiptoed from my room and barged into Zehra's room.

I've been waking up her for five minutes straight, but nope! She didn't, not even blinked an eye.

"Like brother like sister," I mumbled.

I thought for a moment.

Then I did it.

I pressed my lips and raised my hand, aiming for her cheeks.

Slap.

Slap.

Slap.

"Ow!! Ow!! Oww!!! WHAT THE---!!?

I clamped her mouth shut with my palm. She looked dazed. Poor her! What a way to wake up!

"Lemme mmph mmph mmp phe mph bffhp mphmm mmmhmm ahmmm bmmm humm," Zehra began waving her hand up in the air, mumbling harshly. Not that I understood whatever she just said.

I rolled my eyes and whispered, "Idiot, it's me. Can't you see?"

Her eyes widened and widened till it became as large as an----- er---- forget it.

I took away my hand and gestured her to be quiet. Zehra gawked at me.

"Amyrah, please don't kill me. I love you. Really, I may have never said it, but I actually do. Please I have so much more to do in life. Please don't kill me. Please," Zehra said weakly, almost crying.

I snarled at her, "Like hell will I kill you and for what? To go to prison?"

"Huh?" Zehra looks at me baffled.

"I've been waking you up for the past one hour! I have an important news to say," I snapped. "I even sacrificed my sleep for you. Atleast have the courtesy to wake up."

"That dosen't mean you can slap me! THRICE!" Zehra says in exasperation.

"Hushh!" I silenced her. "Don't yell, no one knows I am here."

"Oh my god, Amyrah, what do you want? And what's the time!?"

"It's almost 7."

"Almost!? Almost? Why the hell are you so bent in disturbing my peace?" Zehra cries.

I shake my head. Clearly don't shout isn't in her freaking dictionary.

"Zehra," I look at her firmly. "I remembered something. It's urgent."

She frowned and jumped into a sitting position. We both sat on the bed with crossed legs.

"What is it?" Zehra asked in a quiet voice.

"You know your Murtaza guy---"