Walking in high heels sucks. I don't even know why I wore them tonight.

My wolf grumbled loudly and nudged my leg with his nose.

When his body connected with mine it sent electric sparks through me, warmth coursing through my veins. I jumped in surprise. I know he must have felt it too, because he jumped like it did.

"WHAT!?" I spat at him, upset at the feeling I felt when he touched me.

He growled. He must of not liked the tone of my voice. Opps. Don't want to pissed off Mr. Wolfy.

I watched him as he jumped on his hind legs up to my hight, which was crazy. He was a wolf and was almost the same size as me when he stood on his back legs.

I almost cowered in fear, but he was my wolf. I knew how big he was, and also knew he'd never hurt me.

***

826

I was 10. I was riding my bike through the trails behind my elementary school. I was heading home from a day of fun with Belle and Mia.

It was cold and getting dark. The wet ground would probably freeze overnight.

I sped up my pedaling so I could jump over the large tree root that was in the ground a few yards ahead.

I made this jump every time.

It was a ledge that had a tree root growing over it. The jump down was about 3 feet.

Nothing major. Easy peasy.

I sped up and braced myself for the jump.

I pictured the way the tires would hit the tree and jump over it.

Except they hit the root all wrong.

My handlebars twisted and my hands flew up in confusion.

I went flying over the tree root and down over the ledge.

I landed in a twisted mess in the dirt below.

Arghhhh.

Ahhhhh.

Owwwwww. I cried.

I heard a howl close by, followed by the barks of his pack.

I knew it was him. I had memorized his voice by now.

Ahhh. Urgghhh. My ankle.

Owwwww. It really hurt.

I looked down at my legs and saw my ankle twisted slightly and it looked like it was swelling up.

Great. I'll never make it home like this. Especially with my bike looking all crushed also.

And it's getting dark. I should be home getting ready to go sit on my attic balcony to see him.

Not sitting here crying in the woods with a broken ankle.

I knew it must me messed up because I could barely move it.

I tried to stand but it was almost no use.