36

***

As my vision started to clear, I looked down for a moment and realized my body had grown fur. Light colored... White? Grey?

I couldn't be sure, everything around me seemed blurry, I felt disoriented from the transformation. Or maybe wolves are color blind? I wasnt sure. I couldn't afford to dwell on what color my fur is. At the moment, I had to concentrate on attacking Dom with all the force I had.

"Get up; let's kill him together." Said the voice.

"On it." I replied with as much of a smile I could create while in a wolfs body.

I looked over towards where he still stood near the edge of the boat, close to the dock. He let out a sickening cackle.

I let go of any reluctance I've ever had about committing violent acts and leaped through the air.

I thought it would be weird to move as a wolf, but everything came natural. My muscles moved as if I had practiced using them all my life. I could feel my tendons retracting and contracting as I bounded across the boat towards Dom.

He was still laughing as I pounced on him. He toppled to the ground with a loud thud. His head crashed against the edge of the boat, with a sickening crack.

That was when his laughter died, and fear was replaced upon his feautures.

I growled loudly in his face, snapping my jaws close to his head. My best bet in killing him would be to sink my new and improved sharp teeth in his neck, before he could turn to a wolf and fight fair and square. Which guessing by the way it looked as if wheels were turning in his head, would be sooner than later.

It seemed to me that my wolf started taking more control of my body, because before I knew it I clamped down on his the exposed skin near his collar with my jaw, forcing a bloodcurdling scream to erupt from his lungs. I tore through the first layer of flesh and ripped it away as hard as I could.

"Had to take control, he looked like he was about to turn..." my wolf told me, answering my own thoughts.

I must not have managed to hit an artery because I could still feel Dom fighting against me. He started pushing against my wolf body, but I knew he wasn't strong enough, I could see the terror flash in his dark eyes.

I took back control of my wolf body and slashed across his face with my paw, causing four large gashes on his previously handsome looks.

Blood started dripping from his open wounds. Dom started crying in pain and I knew a few more targeted hits in the right places and he'd be done for.

I was winding my paw back again, so I could claw at the open wound in his neck when I felt an eruption of pain stab my side.

My body involuntarily let out a loud howl. I could feel the blood falling from a wound near my ribs. I looked down to see Dom had pulled out a gleaming silver knife. I roared with animosity and anger close to his face, as I continued to drag my claws down into his neck wound, gauging a bigger, deeper hole.

While digging my talons into him with my right paw, I used my razor sharp teeth to bite into the other side of his neck, creating another large hole and causing a strangled and agonized cry from him.

From the back of my mind I could hear someone talking to me. For some reason the voice sounded so familiar, but I couldn't place it. I thought I might be hallucinating because of the pain in my ribs. I could still feel the blood rushing out, making me weaker. Next I thought it was my wolf speaking, but as the voice got closer, it got louder and I could decipher the words better, and realized it was coming from outside my head.