34

***

I ran out my back door and into the woods.

I was going to take my father's and grandfather's advice.

I was going to fight my wolf. And beat the cold.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy. And I knew it would take some severe training.

As I started outside it took only about 10 seconds for the cold temperature to kick in and have my wolf fighting his way to the top, to steal my body and take over.

I gritted my teeth and tried to hold him at bay.

It's a hard thing to explain. Kind of like when you have to go to the bathroom so bad, but you're holding it in with all your might, even thought it's probably not the best, or healthiest idea.

I'm not sure how else to put my struggle into words. I tensed muscles and refused to let them break and bend into my wolf form.

Within 2 minutes I was starting to loose the battle of wolf vs. man. I knew my wolf would gain control of my weakened state and turn.

Within another 60 I was already starting to change. My clothes shredded and my body betrayed me by turning into my black wolf.

▪▪▪

FÚCK!!!

GODDAMMIT!!!

I thought to myself. 3 minutes was not long enough.

I howled at the sky, still reeling from the change. I couldn't belive I only lasted about 3 minutes.

I'd have to do better.

This was no way going to help me win Krystal's heart, and catch and kill the jackass who was murdering people around town.

I saw my grandfather and dad come out the back door. They came towards the woods and knelt in front of me.

"Fight. Tell your body to change back." My father told me.

"Think of her. Think of her skin on yours, her lips kissing yours, think of the fire from her touch heating you up." That was my grandpa.

I did. I fought against my wolf self, and I thought of Krystal.

I thought of her light green eyes, and how gold flecks shone through the pigments. I thought of how good it would feel to have her hand in mine. The electricity of her touch lighting up my skin with tiny sparks of fire. I thought of how it would feel to kiss her. I thought I would most likely die from that sensation. My thoughts overwhelmed and overloaded my senses. It was incredible, something that was hard for me to put into words.

I could feel her delicate, tiny body in my arms, wrapped up in my limbs and I held on to her, kissing her and exploring her body. It felt real. I felt like I was actually with her. Kissing her, touching her, loving her.

The sensation of the change started nudging into my senses, making me pause my daydreams of Krystal.

It started in my feet, and warmed my entire soul up to my head. I could feel my paws turn into hands and feet, I could feel the bones breaking and reshaping into my human limbs. I could feel my fur receding, and being replaced by skin. I felt my fingers, toes and nose pop into place, and my body lengthen to its 6'4" stature.