20

3655

Dom had picked me up and drove to the bowling alley downtown.

He smelled nice.

Nice, beacuse he probably spent $100 on the cologne he was wearing.

It wasn't natural, and it wasn't as satisfying as my wolf's scent; Travis' scent.

But I guess it was still kind of nice.

He wore a white and red checkered button up and crisply pressed blue jeans that probably probably costed more than my old beat up Jeep.

We wove in and out of the streets of my neighborhood until we made our way to Main street.

He parked the car in the lot connected to the bowling alley and got out.

"I would have opened the door for you, if only you waited for me." He said with a sly smile that made my insides churn.

He was devilishly handsome but it frightened me to the point where I couldn't decipher whether to trust him or let myself fall for him.

He was human.

That much I knew. He wouldn't just dissappear in the middle of fall, never to return until spring.

But it was Dom.

The same guy who tried to force himself on me.

The same guy who said all those nasty things to me.

How could I just give in and surrender?

Who was I becoming.

No I wouldn't let him take control.

I wouldn't let myself fall for him.

"What's going on inside that pretty head of yours?"

"Huh?" My concentration was broken as I became aware of Dom staring at me. "Oh, nothing. Let's just get inside. It's cold out here." I replied, when I could finally think of something to respond with.

We walked into the bowling alley to find Mia sitting on Callum's lap while Belle just sat a modest distance away from Tohm Strider with her hands folded in her lap.

"Finally. I was just about to throw up my insides from watching this soap opera over here." said Belle sarcastically.

"Hey! I'm not good enough company for you Miss Belle?" remarked Tohm.

Belle rolled her eyes at him.

She was wearing a fuzzy peach sweater and crisply ironed khakis. Her golden hair hung in soft curls landing over her shoulders. Her face was highlighted by her rosy cheeks and pink lips.

Belle had that sort of perfect elegance. She was the girl next door. The girl every boy wanted and every girl wanted to be.

Her eyes were as clear as the sky on a warm sunny Summer day. She never wore much makeup, frankly because she didn't need any. But Belle was too humble, and would never admit to knowing her natural beauty.

When Dom and I had walked up to the lane and loudly put our bags and shoes on the seats next to them, Mia and Callum finally looked up and noticed us.

"Oh!! Krystal! Dom! When did you guys get here?!" Mia screeched.

"Oh about ten minutes ago, you've just been too busy having a make-up sesh to notice." I replied with an exorbitant amount of fake enthusiasm.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. Well! We're glad you could grace us with your presence and join us for a fun day of bowling! Gee, Dom, how did you manage to convince her?" Mia asked.