When ends meet

"Very funny. You're sounding like those Weasleys we went to school with." he laughed it off as he took a sip of his tea. He thinks I'm joking.

"I'm serious Cedric." He looked up at me. "I found out a week ago. I'm close to two months pregnant, just about a week under."

"It's mine?" He asked. At this very moment, I physically facepalmed.

"Whose would it be if not yours?" we both just looked at each other with a smile.

His smile slowly started to fade and he sat back thinking. I just sat there looking off at the front yard with the white picket fence and the long dirt road on the other side. This is what my childhood home was like.

It's been a while since he has said anything, so I spoke up. "I know you have your whole life in London and everywhere else, and you have nothing here. I don't expect you to pack up and move here nor do I expect you to want a part in this."

"What's wrong with you? Are you mad?" He stood up and walked over to me, kneeling down in front of me. "I have a job that I can move here for, you know that. I have nothing there and everything here." He took my hands in his. "You and that baby are my everything and will be my everything, if you'll let me. If you want me to stay in London, I'll do that."

"Cedric, you sound insane." I bent down a bit. "Of course I want you here. I wanted you here even when I wasn't pregnant. I just need you here now. We need you here."

"I'll have Harry pack my house up and send my stuff over. I'll call my job and tell them I needed the emergency transfer. They'll understand." I put my head on his.

"I love you cedric."

"I love you too."

Sorry it was so short. I know jobs aren't ever this forgiving but in this world yes they are.  I hope you liked this short one. The last one to this part is coming tomorrow