The Yule Ball (Part Seven)

Draco's fingers held onto my waist when his arm slid around my back. He looked at me with a light in his eyes I'd never seen before. He guided me towards Harry, Ron, Cedric, and the girls. Cedric fixed his posture and smiled. It was partially forced and partially genuine. I wanted to run to him with my arms wide open. I wanted to apologize and make things better than dance with him.

"I don't have much time to be here with you guys. Our parents aren't that easy-going, as you can tell." I rocked back ad forth on my heel. I walked over to the girls to give them each a hug, so in case my parents had seen they wouldn't be mad. I finally made my way over to Cedric and let myself melt into him.

He was taller than me so it was hard to hug him without standing on the tips of my toes. Cedric's head rested in the crook of my neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I pulled him down closer as my hands connected behind his neck. "I've missed you," he said. "Too much." I pulled away quickly giving him a kiss on the cheek before pulling away, walking back to Malfoy.

"Hello." I bowed my head to the group, I didn't greet them properly. I looked back to notice my parents watching me while Lucius and Narcissa were speaking to Snape. I turned back quickly my eyes filled with panic. They all could see it. Draco looked back to my parents, then to me.

"Sorry Diggory." He lowered his head to pull me closer to him. He leaned down and kissed me on the forehead. Commit to the act. I had to keep telling myself these things. My hand cuffed his face, hiding his eyes so he could look up to see our parents reaction. My parents looked pleased, his parents still weren't paying attention.

Cedric puffed out his chest, and Draco stood up straight looking lethal. "Holy Merlin," Ron whispered, he leaned over to Harry. "Why can't girls like that fight over us."

"Really, Weasley?" Draco spat. I looked up at him only to realize he was already looking down at me, "What?" he asked. I shook my head and look towards everyone else. Cedric stepped forward but I backed up taking Draco with me. We can't afford to get our parents angry. What else could we do to pretend me and Mlfoy are together. "Not to close. You know this." He stopped walking and backed up nodding. Cedric's eyes landed on my parents and he understood.

"You look beautiful Y/N," Cedric said. "Can you meet me at the astronomy tower tonight, after this is over."

"I don't know-" I tried to speak but that's all that would come out. Our parents were here and we didn't know why. The school doesn't let anyone in usually, this was suspicious.

"You promised me you would." he crossed his arms. He was tying to keep his cool.

"I don't know when my parents are leaving. I don't even know why they are here yet." I tried to defend the situation. Nothing else could come out. I agreed with him.

"You bring me here and I can't even go with you and you come out looking better than anyone here, no offense girls," Cedric started to explain.

"None taken!" Cho laughed. "Look at her- sorry."

"You get it, Cho! You come here like that and I can't even dance with you." Cedric argued.

"Go ahead, keep acting a fool, you idiot." Draco spat back. "You cause a scene and our parents will make sure you never walk again, never mind dancing." Draco looked down at me once more then he sighed. "I'll buy you sometime. You owe me, Y/l/N."

He walked off towards our parents. "Malfoy has gone soft? Never thought I'd live to see that." Ron laughed out.

"Shove it Weasley." Hermione snapped.

We chatted for a moment before we noticed a new song started playing. Hermione started to dance with Ron, Harry with Cho, leaving me and Cedric alone. Without hesitation, I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms around my sides. There was almost no room between us. My eyes left his every now and then shyly from embarrassment.

I love was pure and innocent. A fire in our souls were feeding off of each other with every breath we took. He was the key to my lock, the missing piece to my puzzle. I missed this.

Draco came running over, but I was too busy and caught up to pay attention. "Y/N!" He tried calling out my name but I ignored his words.

I put it off until it was too late. Out of the corner of my eye I could see my father storming towards me. He was angry. Then I put the pieces together. He knows Cedric isn't a Slytherin, and he is definitely questioning this situation

We look more like a couple than Draco and I. We are too close. Draco is upset. Cedric might get hurt. What am I supposed to do-

I felt a hand grip onto my arm, and harshly pulled me away from Cedric. A pair of lips roughly landed on mine. I opened my eyes when I heard them mumble through the kiss. "I'm so sorry, but they were close to figuring it out. I had no other choice."

Draco Malfoy just kissed me in front of my parents, my boyfriend, and all of my friends.

Yikes bitchezzzz- it's a mess right now but I hope y'all like it.