"When ends meet" (Authors note)

"Cedric." I looked down at my feet. "I'm sorry about this. You know I'll be back, I just need to do this."

"Don't be sorry, Love. You know I'll wait." He brushed a hair out of my face and let his hand rest on my cheek. "I know you need this. Just come back to me, eventually."

----

It's been fifteen years since we left Hogwarts. It's been ten years since my parents died, and five years since I've moved to the most isolated part of Maine I could find. Yes, the state of Maine in America. Cedric visits me every now and then. I run a small farm here, yes magic does come in handy when growing crops. 

Cedric came to visit me two months ago. Things got a bit heated. Not in a bad way, of course. We talked about life and our plans. He plans on moving in with me before Christmas comes around. He is coming to visit me tomorrow.

Five years is a lot when you try to be with someone without being able to see them all the time. But then again, the space was needed for us both. Now, the space is going to be too much for the three of us.

I sat on my front porch with a cup of tea and my book. I watched over the farm as the field of crops were as blank as a new canvas. I keep the field empty for a few days so the neighbors up the road don't suspect anything. My tea was sweet. Too sweet. I felt nauseous but I pushed by it. I opened my book and started reading out loud.

"There once was a frog and a scorpion who knew eachother. The frog was an amazing swimmer-" I paused closing the book and put it on the table. I grabbed a piece of paper from my sketch book and started drawing. "That's too innocent for you, love. This is how the story really goes."

I put my pen to paper and started drawing a sketch of a frog and a scorpion. "The scorpion wants to get across the river but he can't swim so he asks the frog to carry him across. But the frog is stubborn and greedy. So the frogs like, "Well, what's in it for me?" And the scorpion says, "How about five galleons?" And the frog says, " let's make it twenty." The scorpion says, "Ten.". "All right, fine, fifteen." Said the frog. And the scorpion says, "All right, fine, I'll do fifteen." Then as they get halfway across the river, the frog feels this terrible horrible pain on his back. the scorpion had stung him. The frog says" Well, what the hell? We're both gonna drown now," and we'll, they both did."

I sat there and explained the story. "Who are you talking to?"

I jumped looking up. There he stood, as handsome as ever. "Hello Cedric. You weren't supposed to be here yet. I'm not complaining but hello." I stood up and cupped his face. He bent down and gave me a kiss. "Sit, please. I'll go inside and fetch you a tea. I have some news. It's best to stay outside for this."

He said okay and sat down in the chair at the other end of the table. I walked inside and quickly made a tea. My hands started shaking and I practiced in my head how I would tell him.

I headed outside and when I got to the front porch, I saw Cedric petting the farm cat. She wasn't mine, she just lived here. I have a dog, puddles, he's upstairs. I sat down and gave Cedric his tea.

We sat there chatting. He told me what he was doing here so early. He told me he was ready to move in when I was. His job has an office over here so he could move here whenever.  "Cedric." I took a deep breath and put my hands down my thighs and gripped onto my knees. "Cedric, when I was talking earlier, I was talking to someone."

"Who?" He looked around worried that someone else was here.

"Our baby." I slowly said.

He looked shocked for a second and then he stood up and exclaimed, "what!"

"I'm pregnant."

This is one part out of a three part series, the I will be done with the Cedric x Slytherin part of this book. Sorry for taking so long on the update