The Yule Ball (Part Eight)

Draco Malfoy just kissed me. Is kissing me!

His lips met mine, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the hunger he had or the passion begging to be let out. I pushed him away for a second, quick enough to catch the darkness in his eyes. "Not in public, Love." I forced my words when my father got close enough to hear.

"Malfoy. Have you lost your mind?" My father yelled out. Nobody in the crowd could hear over the music.

"Maybe just a bit Sir, you daughter is quite intoxicating." Draco let go of me and stood face to face with my father. I was concerned on other matters.

Cedric. Our eyes met. I've never seen a man so broken an angry before. He turned on his heel and headed for the doors. He snuck out of one and disappeared down the hallway. Hermione and Ron were watching us, trying to get Harry to run after him.

"What? Lucius, control your boy." My father was beyond infuriated.

"Dad, I promise you-" I tried to speak but dad stopped me.

"Don't cause a scene, just have fun." He smiled. "Do this where we can't see. I don't like having that image in my mind." He then walked away. A few moments passed. We all just looked at each other.  Draco looked down at me, his eyes still dark.

I could control myself. I lifted my hand and struck him across the face. I didn't want to hurt him, but at the same time, he hurt me but most importantly Cedric. Who knew one small scheme would tear Cedric and I apart.

"You slimy, sneaky,corrupt little ferret." I back away from him. "I've had it up to here. You said you would help me and I would help you. Did you forget we weren't actually together? Are you that caught up in yourself and your nightmarishly dark thoughts that you forgot about our deal?"

"I was just trying to help." He looked as if he were to cry but I didn't care.

"Screw you Malfoy. I don't need your help anymore." I took of the heels and the jewelry and left them on a nearby chair. "What should I have expected making a deal with the devil? Or in better words, and overly emotional bastard filled to the brim with daddy issues." He put his hands up in defense. I didn't care and I couldn't stop the harsh words running out of my mouth. "Fuck it. I don't care about my parents opinions anymore."

"Oh really?" A voice boomed from behind me. It was our parents.  A ball of air was caught in my throat. I couldn't speak for a moment. "How dare you use that language and tone when speaking about us?"

I stopped and looked at the my friends and Malfoy, but only for a second. I could see the shock and pain in their faces.

"Yes really, Father. You have nothing over me anymore. I don't care if I lose my money, my home, or my status that seems to matter so much. There is one thing I care about and I've spent the last week and a half breaking us apart and hurting him to please the four of you and your racist outlook on people."

"I can't believe you." My mother went to speak but I kept going.

"Good for you!" People started looking. "I don't care about anything you people say anymore. I'm in love with a Hufflepuff and you simple minded troglodytes wouldn't allow that. I'm done with the status and racial requirements. Let me live."

Draco stepped forward a bit. "I-"

"What Draco? You going to pull a stunt like this too?" His father spat out. Draco didn't say anything else.

"Don't speak to him that way!" I walked closer to them. My mother look sadden and intimidated. "He has been nothing but helpful to me. He pretended to be with my so that I could be better off. He comes off as a dick but deep down he isn't. You just raised him that way. Now, I need to go find my boyfriend and make things right."  I pushed between the four of them, holding my dress up as I ran for the doors, throwing one open and sprinting out of the room.

"Y/N!" Hermione and Harry both called after me. My parent stood and watched. The Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy stated at their son, who watched as I ran. He wanted that freedom, but we all knew he would never get it.

💛💛Oh my god I'm literally crying right now💛💛