The Yule Ball (part four)

"Cho, I love you, but honey what are you thinking? This dress does not look good on me. On you it does but this is not for me." I spun around in the mirror. "What if I intentionally make myself look bad so Draco won't fall in love with me." The three of us laughed.

"Yeah right, he already is in love with you." Cho laughed.

"He's also in love with Harry, but we don't talk about that." Hermione laughed. She was their biggest fan. She's been wanting them to be a thing since the first year.

I heard voices pass the door, but dismissed it as other students.

I pulled the dress off my shoulders and let it fall to my feet. I had just a t-shirt and leggings underneath. We all did so that we could try our dresses easier.

Thre soft knocks were heard at the door. "You think they can hear that Diggory?" a squeaky voice snapped. Then three louder, more prompt, knocks were heard. The three of us looked at each other before Cho walked over and opened the door.

"What are you two boys doing here?" She kept the door slightly closed.

"Who is it?" Hemione asked. Cho opened the door all the way to reveal Cedric Diggory and Draco Malfoy. "Great Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb." everyone looked slightly confused, but instead of explaining she just scoffed.

Draco was holding a large chest. It was dark brown with metal chains wrapped around them. The chains were in the shape of snakes. It had a lock holding the chains together. Cedric had something small in his hands, along with a small black gift bag.

"My father shipped in a dress for Y/N." Draco said, pushing passed Cho and Cedric. He stopped infront of me and faced the entire room.

"I brought something for Cho," Cedric paused. "My father said it was what he gave to my mother at their dance. He requested that whoever I take to wear it." He remined in the doorway. Cho walked further into the room inviting him in and he followed. He stuck out his hand and handed her the ring. The ring was made out of silver, with a diamond in the middle. She marveled at it.

"Oh Merlin, it's gorgeous." Cho laughed showing me and Hermione. "I won't lose it and I'll be sure to give it back after the dance."

"Good, I just wanted you to be able to have it match your dress and outfit. I know how girls can be." He gave a small weak smile.

"A diamond?" I put my hands behind my back holding back the urge to snatch it and wear it. "How thoughtful."

"Y/N, don't be mad, it's not my idea. Besides, I had not controll in the matter because unlike some people I keep my promises. You don't even like diamonds."

"No one likes diamonds. When you give somone a diamond, it's a sign of love, afection, and commitent." I started to raise my voice to him which I knew I shouldn't do.

"Love, I'm sorry. I didn't think you would get so mad. Besides, I got you something better than that. It's ore meaningful and it came from me." He handed the bag to Cho to pass to me.

It was a bit heavier than expected. I opened the bag and pulled out a small, black leatherbound note book. It was a 4x6, so it was very small and really thin. Inside, were flowers and pictures from out first date. Next to each picture was a poem, something he loved about me, and at the very end was a letter. I held back a tear and held up my image. "Thank you Cedric." It was a lovely gift, but he gave her a diamond that ran through his family as a tradition and he gave me an old memory. I put it back in the bag and put it on the desk next to me.

"Before I go, here's the key to open the chest," he picked up my hand with his cold right one. His ring felt very nice against my warm hands. He held me like I was made out of glass. Draco's ees met mine and didnt leave. "I don't think I need to show you how to open the chest. You're not that stupid. Or are you? you're with a hufflepuff after all." He looked up at me, he put the key into my hand and used his other hand to put my fingers ontop of the key. A stray piece of hair fell onto my face as I looked down at his hands that engulfed mine. He took his left hand off of mine and brushed my hair out of my face. His fingers brushed against my cheek sending a shiver down my spine.

"Here, let me walk you out." I took my other hand and grabbed onto his pulling him with me to the door, the rooms were small so everyone could see. "Goodbye Draco. I'll be trying on the dress in a moment. Goodnight." He was still in uniform so I reached my hand up and grabbed him by the tie. I pulled him down and kissed him on the cheek.

"You considering switching over to a slythering man yet instead of a hufflepuff boy?" He laughed.

"Yeah, I'm thinking about it." I closed the door on him before he could say anything else. "Cedric, it's time for you to leave, I love you but I need to help my girls get ready for their dates and I need to get ready for mine."