The Yule Ball (Part five)

I sat on my bed watching the clock in the corner of the room. I held the chest Draco gave me on my lap. My eyes occasionally looked over to Cedric's hoodie that laid on the end of my bed. We haven't spoken much recently. Tonight was the ball, and I was a nervous wreck. 

I opened my hand to reveal a silver key, it was to open the chest Malfoy's parents gave me. I put the key into the lock and twisted it. The snakes slowly moved apart, they looked real. "Here we go again, the Malfoys showing off their wealth." I laughed to myself. Taking in a deep breath and closing my eyes, I pushed back the top part of the chest. "One... Two... Three..." 

I opened my eyes. A folded, tea-stained, piece of paper rested on top of pretty green fabric. It had my name on it. I placed the chest next to me and picked up the paper and opened it. 

Dearest Y/N.

I hope this dress fits you well. The dress is in code with your house colors. I suspect we will not be having a problem with that. This dress was made by purebloods, I know your family is very adamant on status as we are. You must understand why. You are a Slytherin after all. Anyways, getting off of this matter, you make our son very happy. You have for years, every holiday he speaks of you. Enough of my rambling, I apologize. I'm just happy he found someone who suits him so well. (Do not tell him this; we found his little journal and he has a poem written about you.) We shall be seeing you at the ball. 

-With regards Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy

I looked around my room just thinking. Does Malfoy actually like me? I brushed it off as apart of the act and placed the letter down. The dress was on top, so I lightly lifted it out of the chest. It was a green silk ball gown dress.  I couldn't tell what it looked like off, so I stripped off my outfit and put the dress on without daring to take a look in the mirror. I looked in the chest to see a pair of shoes and a small box of jewelry. 

The shoes were the same shade of green as the dress, with a solid silver heel. It had carvings in them similar to an old victorian railing.  Perfect fit. I felt like cinderella. 

Inside of the jewelry box, were finger guards? Metal nails? They were small silver pieces of metal to cover my nails. I put them on and they fit too. How is everything fitting?  Next to the silver nail pieces was an armband in the shape of a snake. I put it on my right arm. Everything was coming together. 

"Hey Y/N!" a voice called from outside of my room. "It's Hermione and Cho, Open up." 

"It's open," I called out.

"I hope you don't mind. We brought Draco. He wanted to stop by to give you something." 

"No! Draco get out!" I dove to the floor hiding behind my bed. I hit my arm on my bureau in the process. 

"Bloody hell are you-" he asked. I could see him walking closer

"Yes, I'm alright." I paused popping just my head up from behind my bed.  "Get out. I have the dress on." He mouthed the word 'oh'. Then he turned on his heel and walked away closing the door behind him. 

I stood up catching my breath. I looked towards the girls. "Is the dress okay?"

"The dress is fine, but why is it so..."

"Expensive, extra, and gorgeous? It's from the Malfoys. They even wrote me a letter." I picked it up off the bed and gave it to Hermione. "You both promise to keep your mouth shut, right?" They stuck out their pinkies as I handed them the letter.

They both read it multiple times. "He loves you." Cho laughed.

"Very funny. Now help me with my hair and makeup." I sat on my bed as Hermione did my makeup and Cho did my hair. We took turns doing each other's hair and makeup and gossiped about various things. 

Hermione was speaking about her date, Viktor. "Isn't it a  bit weird. He's seventeen and you're fifteen."

"I don't know. I've done more questionable things if I'm being honest with you." She laughed before teasing me about Draco. "I don't know if that's as questionable as you going through with this. I mean he clearly is in love with you."

I was going to say something, but then my throat went dry and my heart started to race. My hands started to sweat and my knees became weak. "Our parents think we're dating. Our parents are going to expect some form of PDA. Maybe we can convince them by dancing-" Cho looked over at the clock on my wall. 

"Ladies it's time to go."

(I forgot to clarify- they all have individual rooms in this universe. and the time period is different. and the scenery. and events. Just everything is a bit different. )