The Yule Ball (part nine)

Draco's pov:

I can't be mad she chose a Hufflepuff over me. I can be envious of the passion for him. I can be envious of her ability to stand up to her parents. I know everyone thinks I'm a suck up to my parents, but only if they knew.

Y/N's mom walked around the other adults to head towards the door. Without thinking I reached forward and grabbed onto her arm.

"What are you doing boy?" She pulled her arm away but I didn't let go. What was I doing? I'm defending someone I care about.

"Draco Malfoy, let her go." My father spoke. My hand quickly returned to my side.

"Leave her alone," I spoke up. My heart started to race, my face felt hot, I felt fear. Real fear, but it was almost overcome with adrenaline. "She is the most genuine person I know, and if you can't see that, then she was right. You are a bunch of troglodytes. I love her, I do, but she doesn't love me. She is in love with someone worth her time and her love. If he makes her happy, then so be it."

"Draco, I am ashamed of you." My father spat. He looked to Y/N's father and mother and stormed off out of the room.

Everyone was watching, the music had stopped, everything was still. "Fuck."

"What was that, Malfoy? You just made them angrier."Harry spoke up.

"Excuse me? You're not in any position to speak Harry, why didn't you saying anything? At least he tried." Hermione punched him. "Let's go. We need to find them before they do. Are you coming, Draco?"

I nodded and followed the golden trio and Cho out of the doors and into the various places on campus. The Hermione went to her room, Cho went to the Hufflepuff common room she has a friend who is always in there, I delved off to the Slytherin common rooms, Ron to the astronomy tower, while Harry followed our parents as best he could. I hope we find her.

Once no one found Y/N or Cedric, we all met up on a staircase near the room where the dance was being held. "Where's Ron?" Cho asked. Hermione brought up the idea to split up and head to the astronomy tower to see if we can find anyone. We came across Ron at a doorway near the tower.

"Shut it. They are up there. I haven't seen your parents." He hushed us as he pointed to the stairs leading up.

Y/N's pov:

Cedric had his hands on the rails as he looked out over the land. "I need some time."

"I understand that." I swallowed down a ball of sadness and regret. "I'm sorry for making this seem like it's all about me. I understand if you can't look me in the eyes or be around me. I get it."

He didn't say anything. He just kept looking out at the horizon.

I stepped over to the other side of the railing. I felt him look over to me a few times. We started to play tag with our glances. "You like what you see?" I asked jokingly. He smiled.

"Yes." He slightly fixed his posture as he tried to hide his smile. "I do."

"Can I say something?" He nodded. "I stopped it all, no more pretending im with Draco."

"What do you mean you stopped it?" His face was filled with concern and confusion. He was facing me completely now.

"Well," my heart started to race as I realized what I've done. "I told them off. I was sat with Draco and we got into a fight and it spiraled into me telling my parents everything and now they are looking or me and you." I could feel myself start to cry. Cedric didn't waste anytime to walk over a hug me.

Everything in that moment became so still that we could hear the music playing from the great hall. "Can I have this dance?" He laughed as he softly asked me.

I nodded and wrapped my hands around his neck. He held me by my waist and started to sway. My head rested on his chest as he let his head rest on mine.

"Every moment I have with you I cherish. I don't ever want to loose you. What I do want is to punch Malfoy in his crooked mouth." Cedric held me closer.  "But I won't. I know he had good intentions, he was keeping you safe. What he did just made me mad."

"It made me mad too, but I'm ready to forget it even happened."

"I've missed you."

"We'll if you don't move your asses your going to be missing her a whole lot more." Ron yelled, they were all standing there. Harry, Hermione, Cho, Ron, and Draco. 

"Ron saw our parents. They are heading here. We've got five minutes at most." Hermione spoke.

"You children are adorable with your schemes. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this game is over." We all turned to look at the top of the stairs and saw my father.