Ch 27: Graduation

I smashed my hand on my alarm clock as it rung out loudly. I got up, with no fight. Supringly. But today was the day I'd no longer be a senior. The day I'd leave west valley and go to college. I smiled lightly and got ready. I turned on my radio and got goosebumps as the song ghost in you by the physcadelic furs played. I smiled and took a shower. Graduation didnt start until 1:00 but me being a late sleeper, I had only 1 hour  more until I had to go. I just did everything simple. My hair and some pink lipstick. I never wear makeup so why not. And some earings.

"Mom wheres my cap and gown at" I peared my head out of my room.

"I ironed it" she said. It's on the couch. She replied. I grabbed it from the couch.

"Rember mom 1:00" I told her, putting on some glasses.

"Okay" she said. "I'll be there" she smiled. I smiled too.

"I'm goona go to johnnys" I said. She nodded. I grabbed my cap and gown threw it in my backpack and skateboarded to Johnny's.

I rung the doorbell and to my suprise sid answered it.

"Oh its you" he grumbled.

"Very welcoming" I rolled my eyes and said.

"Let me guess your here to see Johnny" he said.

"Well I woundt come to see you" I said. He glared at mr and let me in. He mumbled some stuff and walked away.

"Johnny that girl is here" sid yelled from the kitchen.

"Yeah she has a name" johnny said coming down the stairs. He smiled at me. "Its eva" he kissed me.

"Are you ready" I said.

"Been waiting to get outta high school for years" he grinned.

"Me too" I said. "Is your mom coming?".

"Yeah shes getting dressed" he replied.

"And him?" I muttered and motioned to sid eating a bagel with salmon on it.

"No way" johnny laughed. "I told him I dont want him there".

"Good cause neither do i" I laughed.

"Johnny who is it?" His mom came down. She smiled at me.

"Eva, you look  beautiful honey" she said and gave me a small hug.

"Thank you, so do you" I replied.

"You two ready to go" she smiled. We both nodded. She grabbed the keys and headed out. The graduation was being held at the gymnasium in our high school. I brushed off my cap and gown as I got out the car.

"Oh johnny" I looked at him. "Your Ties a little messed up". I fixed it gently for him. He looked at me as I did. I chuckled and smiled.

"Acting like my wife are you" he smirked.

"I guess" I snickerd. We held each others hand and walked with his mom to the gymnasium. It was busy really busy.

"Hey Johnny!" Bobby ran over to use. He gave use a small smile.

"Hey Bobby" I said.

"Crazy right?" He laughed. "Where goona graduate".

"Yeay it's really crazy" I said. "Feels like yesterday I was in middle school".

"I know right!" He said.

"What's your plans bobby?" Johnny asked.

"Goona go to UCLA" he replied. "Me, tommy and jimmy".

"Wait arent you going with them?" I looked up at Johnny. He smirked.

"I'm going too" he said.

"Oh" I replied. We all sat down in the front of the row. As everyone talked loudly and laughed. I looked at a girl who was smiling as she hugged her dad. He had brought her flowers, and her mom was taking a picture. My smile died down a little. The feeling of my dad not being able to be here was making me feel like I was missing an important piece of it all. He was the important piece. I closed my eyes trying to imagine my dad here with me.

"Eva?" Johnny whispered. My eyes fluttered open. "I said, it's almost starting" he said. "Are you okay?" He asked and held my hand.

"Yeah, just caught off guard" I replied.

"Ladies and gentlemen" the principal said in into the microphone. Everyone started being seated and stopped talking amongst themselves. "Please be seated". He smiled. Once everyone did it was quiet. "Today is the day we let go of our esteemed students here at west valley high" he smiled. "Some of you have been here for all four years of high school, some of you have only been here one year, but even with one year it feels like a long journey" he cleared his throat. "And you have all completed it". Everyone clapped including me. "If all of the student will please rise to introduce our district leaders". We all stood up and watched as some people went up the stage. We all sat back down. They began talking about some other stuff, and speeches, that I didnt really pay attention to. But when it got time to each student coming up and receiving the diploma, I listened. They went down the line of students.

"Rachel lawsky" our principal said. Some people shouted in the back. A blonde girl stood up and went up the stage as everyone clapped. She shook thier hands and went off the stage. A photographer stood their and took her picture.

"Johnny Lawrence" he said. I beamed at johnny and smiled. He stood up as everyone clapped and cheered. I was proud of him.

"I love you Johnny!" I yelled as I clapped. He winked as he shook their hands and got his diploma. He stopped for a photo and He came and sat back down. I kissed him on his cheek. The boys cheered him on. Hl

"Sarah maverick" he said. A girl went up and proudly smiled. She did the sam thing. And walked off stage with her diploma in one hand. She stoped for a photo.

"Eva Morris" he said. I caught my breath and stood up. Johnny and the boys cheered as I walked up the stage. The principal and the others smiled. I shook all their hands and got my diploma. I stopped and let the photographer take my picture and then I sat down. Johnny hugged me.

~~~~~~

"Congratulations you guys!" My mom said as we stood their outside the gymnasium.

"Thanks mr.morris" Johnny smiled. As did I.

"So, you guys are so grown up and so cute together" she said.

"Ma" I muttered. Johnny chuckled.

"Alright well honey I gotta go to work, I'll see you at home okay" my mom kissed me on my cheek.

"Okay ma" I said as she walked away.

"So" i said. I looked up at him. "What do you wanna do,"

"Spend the rest of my life with you" he pulled me close to him.

"Stop it" I smirked as he kissed me gently in my lips.

"What" he laughed.

"I'm leaving in a month" I said.

"Y-yeah I know" he looked down sadly.

"I'll come back" I hugged him.  He stood there and hugged me back for a good 3 minutes.

I didnt care. Because in Johnny Lawrence's arms, was where I always wanted to be.