Ch 8: Not Your Girl

Walking in l.a nobody walks in la
Walking in l.a
Walking in l.a ,only a nobody walks in l.a !

I had my walkman playing walking in l.a by missing persons. I had my eyes closed and was laying on my bed. A knock came at my door.

"What!" I yell. It knocks again. "Just come in". I still had my eyes closed as I air guitar laying down. A figure flopped down on my bed. I took of my headphones and seen who it was. "Johnny" I said suprised. He smiled. I kissed him on his cheek.

"Wanted to stop by early" he said.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"Dont you rember we have a date today" he laughed.

"Oh yeah, I forgot" I said.

"Just get dressed, we'll head out" he said.

"Okay" I said. I grabbed my red jean jacket and put on my reeboks and was ready.

"Have fun you two" my mom said. I waved bye. His motorbike was sitting right there. He got on and so did I.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Suprise" he said.

"Okay" I said. He drove and drove for what felt like hours. When he finally stopped at the mall.

"Cool, the mall!" I said happily and hoped off.

"Oh no you thought we where going there" he laughed. "Over here". He twisted my head sideways.

"Paintball!" I said suprised. "I've always wanted to do this".

"Well now you can, come on" he smiled and walked in.

"Hey johnny" the entrance cashier said

"What's up Derek, uh two sets please" johnny said.

"Okay $40.96" Derek said. Johnny handed him the money. "Enjoy". He smiled.

I got dressed in my gear and I waited outside of the men's dressing room for johnny.

"Ready" he said coming out.

"Oh hell yeah" I said. We went into the first level room. The beginners level. All we had to do was paintball the zombie people coming our way. A zombie came out and I shot at its head. Johnny shot one that was coming up from behind me.

"Score!" The robot voice said. "Four more to go".

I looked behind a huge rock. Nope no zombies. I looked behind another and there, there was one. I shot it 3 times in its stomach.

"Eva, backup!" Johnny yelled. I ran over to where he was our backs against each other. "Ready!".

"Ready!" I yelled. Then we ran opposite ways and started shooting at literally everything that moved. I laughed as my adrenaline was pumping. I havent had fun like this since middle school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A

fter that he took me to some pizza place and we ate pizza.

"So did you have fun tonight" he asked me.

"Are you kidding, it was all I've ever wanted to do" I smiled. He smiled as well.

"I'm glad you had fun" he said.

"Hey johnny" jimmy said. All of the boys including dutch stood in front of our table.

"Hey" johnny said.

"Hi eva" bobby said.

"Hi" I smiled. Dutch was the only one that wasnt smiling out of all of them.

"So what you guys doing" dutch said.

"Hanging out" I said.

"You sure that's just all of it" he said. He looked as if he was ready to explode.

"Dutch" I glared up at him.

"What?" He laughed. "I'm just asking a question is all".

"Dutch man, were just hanging out" johnny said. "Is that problem".

"I dont see how it should be, I mean my friend steals my girl-

"Hold on" I said. "First of all i ain't your girl, and second of all you said you'd leave me alone after the dance".

"I was fucking around" he said.

"How was I supposed to know that!" I said. "You know what I wanna talk to you". I got up out of the booth. "Now!"

"Dutch just leave her alone, shes with johnny now" bobby said.

"Dutch just cut the shit out" johnny said.

"You stay out of this" dutch growled at johnny. I grabbed dutch by his arm and dragged him outside.

"I cant believe you!" I shouted.

"What you expect me to let my friend take out the girl I took out" he shouted back.

"I was never your girl so stop saying that!" I threw my hands in the air. "I don't have a label on me that says taken by dutch".

"You ever think I was goona ask you out" he growled.

"Well he beat you to the punch didnt he" I said. He slapped me across my face hard. I had never been hit like that.

"What the hell!" Johnny came out and pushed dutch. Bobby and jimmy ran out too.

"Come on man make the first move!" Dutch smiled. Tommy got in between them.

"Stop it" tommy yelled. "Dutch you need to calm the hell down" he looked at Dutch. "Johnny you too".

"He started it!" Dutch said.

"You wonder why I dont like you" i said. "Because your so childish!". Dutch looked at me. He smirked and walked away.

"You okay" johnny said walking over to me.

"Yeah" I smiled. "Can you take me home".

"Sure" he said and hugged me tightly.

He drove me back home. I got off his motorbike.

"Thank you so much for everything" I smiled. He smirked.

"No problem" he said. "Sorry about Dutch".

"Its fine, I had a great Time with you" I said. "That's all that matters". He looked at me up and down. I leaned over and kissed him gently on his lips. "Bye".

"Bye" he said. He drove off.

I had the most awesome time, than I've had in years. Even though Dutch ruined half of it. I still had a great time. Slowly I didnt realize it but I think I was starting to fall in love with Johnny. I just didnt know it yet.