Ch 16: Encino Oaks

Friday finally came. And this was the day I was going to the country club with Johnny. I knew everyone was goona dress nice, so I was already freaking out about what I was goona wear. He said it starts at 8:00. I eventually decided on wearing a simple black dress. I didnt have that much fancy clothes. My doorbell rung and I jumped at the sound of it.

"Hes here" my mom said. I sighed and went out of my room. I opened the door. "Hi Johnny" I said.

"Wow you look great" he smiled.

"Thanks" I smiled. A car was there with what I'm guessing was his parents. I got in the back with him.

"So this is the girl you cant shut up about" a man grumbled.

"Sid" Johnny's mom muttered. "Im laura, Johnny's mom" she smiled gently.

"Nice to meet you I'm eva" I smiled back.

"Johnny never said that you were this pretty" she smiled.

"Thank you mame" I laughed.

"This is my husband sid" she said.

"Hi" he said driving. It made me wonder why Johnny's mom would marry a asshole like him. She was very soft spoken and sweet.

"Dumbass" Johnny muttered.

"What you say boy" sid turned around.

"Watch the rode honey" laura said.

"You dont tell me what to do" sid growled at her. He glared at Johnny. "Keep it up Johnny, I'm goona wipe that frown off your face".

"You say that all the time like it's gone really get me scared" johnny raised his voice.

"Okay enough" laura put her hand on sids shoulder. Sid laughed.

"What are you gonna do, karate chop me in half" he laughed. I held Johnny's balled fist in my hand.

"Ignore him" I whispered. His hand let go of the fist he had formed. He looked at me and took a deep breath. He gave a death glare to sid in his car mirror.

We pulled up at the Encino oaks county club. I had never been hear before, but it was beautiful. We all got out and began walking inside. Fancy music played and everyone was dressed nice. All cleaned up and smiling. I felt a little out of place, I had just picked a simple black dress and I didnt bother to put on any makeup. And my hair was in a bun. My black flats didn't help much, because they where 4 years old. We walked to a nice table next to the dance floor. I saw ali dancing with her father. I smiled and she smiled back. I sat down slowly. I saw johnny smile big at ali. I didnt pay attention to it though. Maybe he was just being friendly.

"I hope you eat seafood" laura laughed.

"I can honestly say I forgot how it tastes" I laughed. Johnny and her chuckled.

"You said they was having steak" sid glared at her.

"No i said it was a seafood buffet" laura smile dropped.

"Uh-uh Johnny you wanna dance?" I said. He nodded and got up. We started slow dancing.

"You okay" I said.

"Yeah, hes just getting on my fucking nerves" he said.

"I know, I know" I said. Silence broke out among use. "Your mom's really nice" I spoke up.

"Yeah she is" he said.

"He shouldn't treat you a and your mom like that" I said.

"All I can keep thinking is, when I'm goona leave" he said. "Move out of that house and bring my mom out of there too". He said. I smiled at how much he loved his mom.

"Shes lucky to have you as a son" I said. He grinned.

"And I'm lucky to have you" he said. We both laughed.

"Well Johnny isnt it great to see you dear" a older woman approached use. We stopped dancing.

"Hi mrs.mills" johnny coughed.

"Who's this young lady?" She glared at me and looked me up and down. She didnt have to say she was judging me, her look said it all.

"This is eva, my date" he said. "And girlfriend"

"Oh" she said frowing. "Hello".

"Hi" I said.

"I belive you wouldn't mind if I danced with him would you" she smiled.  She looked at Johnny then me.

"Actually, the fact that I'm his date, I would very much like to stay with him" I said and flashed a bitchy smile. Johnny laughed.

"Well" she smiled akwardly. "Some other time then" she gulped and walked away.

"God she annoys me" I sighed.

"Tell me about it" he scoffed.

"Hey guys" jimmy said.

"Hey Jimmy" we both said.

"Wheres sophia at?" Johnny asked.

"She flaked out on me" he said. "Ditched me for some jock at shermer high school".

"Sucks" I said. I looked down. "Johnny you wouldn't mind if I have one dance with jimmy do you" I said.

"Sure" he said. He leaned over. "But dont forget I'm your date" he said in my ear.

"I wont" I chuckled. Johnny walked away. Me and jimmy started dancing.

"So wheres the others?" I asked.

"Their here, I dont know where they are though" he said.

"Oh" I replied.

"Oh wait theres dutch" he looked to his right. Dutch was dancing with some blonde girl. He saw use and smiled.

"Is that his new girlfriend" I rolled my eyes.

"He had one, and then he dumped her a started dating her" he said.

"Figures" I scoffed. I looked for johnny. I saw him dancing with ali. I smiled at them and continued dancing with jimmy. "So this sophia girl, is she your girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yeah we've been dating for 2 years" he smiled.

"Nice" I grinned. I just couldn't help myself looking at ali and Johnny. They looked like the old couple they used to be. They looked in love. I looked down and then back up. Johnny leaned in and kissed ali. "Oh my god" I muttered. My heart fell. I let go of jimmy and ran through the crowd. A loud crash was heard. But I didnt look back. I just ran out of there as fast as I could.

"Eva wait!" Johnny yelled. I opened the entrance door and ran out of the parking lot and down the street. I stopped once I couldn't catch my breath. "So stupid" I untied my bun and sniffed. I held back the tears that started forming in my eyes. "I hate him" I growled and wiped my eye.