Ch 7: Shut Up

I woke up the next morning. My head was back to normal. I walked into the kitchen to find my mom home.

"Ma?" I said confused.

"Well good morning, good to see your up" she said.

"I thought you have work today?" I said sitting down at the dining table.

"Oh you know- I just wanted to take a day offf" she said. "You hungry?".

"Nah not really" I said.

"I'll get you some orange juice" she said. She dug into the fridge and pulled it out. She opened it and covered her mouth. "God, its spoiled".

"Yeah, so was the milk and eggs and bread" I chuckled. "All expired".

"guess i gotta go grocery shopping" she sighed.

"I'll go" I said.

"No I'll go" she said.

"Come on mom its fine I've done it before" I said.

"Alright" she said. "Heres 50 bucks you get whatever we need Alright."

"Okay" I said. I but on my green jacket, with my hat and threw my hair on a ponytail.

"Your the only girl I know who wheres jackets and hats in the summer". She sighed.

"Yeah but it gets cold in the mornings" I said. She laughed. "I'll be back". I walked to the grocery store. Considering it was a Sunday. People where out and about, either going out or running errands.

"Okay that'll be 65" the cashier said. I looked at her.

"65" I muttered.

"Yeah, you got it or not" she said chewing her gum fast.

"Yeah hold on" I said. I looked at the food on the counter. "Here just take the notebooks and pens out". Even though I needed them for school, I could just probally get some from my teacher or something.

"Okay its 55" she said.

"Oh heres some coupons" I pulled out some.

She took it with annoyance.

"50" she said.

I handed her the money. She rolled her eyes and handed me the change. I grabbed it.

"Oh yeah our bagger is not here so you have to do it yourself" she said. "Sorry" she flashed a smile and rolled her eyes. I wanted to shove that gum down her throat.

"Thanks for letting me know" I said trying to contain my anger. I bagged the last bag and headed out. I walked back home.

"Hey need a lift" someone said. I looked to my left.

"Daniel" I smiled. "Is that your car?".

"Nope its mr. Miyagi's" he smiled.

"How doing eva-san" mr. Miyagi said and smiled.

"Hi mr. MiMiyagi, I'm good" I said.