Ch 10: Sand The Floor

I rode my skateboard to Daniel's house afterschool since I had nothing to do. I didnt know which was his apartment, so I just went to the side, where mr. Miyagi was. I knocked on the door. Mr. Miyagi opened it.

"Hey, mr. Miyagi" I smiled.

"Ah eva-San how doing" he smiled.

"Fine, I was wondering if you had seen daniel" I said.

"He at Miyagi house" he said.

"Oh" I smiled.

"Miyagi on way there" he said. "Give ride?".

"Oh sure that would be nice" I nodded. Mr. Miyagi locked his door and we both got into his truck. He lived where the train tracks where just past mine and Daniel's neighbor. He parked and we both got out. "Whoah nice house you got" I looked around.

"Thank very much" he said. He lead me to the back. Where a crouched daniel was sanding the wood deck. The back was beautiful. The fact that mr. Miyagi's house looked just like a normal house in the front. But a whole dang garden in the back. Daniel looked up and wiped his forehead with his arm.

"Eva" he said. and stood up.

"Hey daniel, sanding the floors I see" I said.

"Yeah" he replied. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you" I asked.

"yeah about you and johnny" he rolled his eyes.

"Daniel, I know you don't like him, but I do" I put my hand on my hip.

"Hes not a good person" he said.

"Well he is to me" I said. "I want to be your friend, but you have to understand, I have a life too and if that means dating Johnny, then I dont know what to tell you". He didnt say anything.

"Yeah I guess your right" he sighed. For once he was being hardheaded.

"Thank you" I said. He smiled.

"Eva-san you want to help" mr. Miyagi asked.

"Sure she would" daniel put his hand on my shoulder. I gave him a glare.

"Yeah- sure" I smiled slightly.

"Here" daniel handed me the sand thingys. I grabbed them and knelt down and slowly started sanding them back and forth.

"No no" mr. Miyagi knelt down next to me. "Ay" he said and moved his hands in circular motion. "Sand the floor" he said and kept doing it. I sand the floor in circular motions just as he did. "Ay" he nodded and stood up.

"Mr. Miyagi hows this helping daniel train?" I asked.

"No questions, part of deal" he chuckled.

"Hey does this mean you can train me" I asked.

"If want" he shrugged. I smiled.

"Great thanks mr. Miyagi" I said. He nodded and went into his house.

Me and daniel took turns sanding the floor. The sun went down and came nighttime. We where both exhausted and sweaty. I could wait to go home and take a shower. Mr. Miyagi came out of his house.

"Sand all floor" mr. Miyagi said.

"Yeah" we both replied.

"Mr Miyagi, I'm beat man" daniel rubbed his shoulder.

"Same here" I said and touched my back.

"Good go home and get rest, come morning start early, 6 o'clock" he said. I looked at daniel confused. We both walked slowly to the gate. I looked back at mr. Miyagi. What was this supposed to teach use? I sighed and hoped on my skateboard. Daniel rode his bike.

"Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow" I sighed.

"Yeah see ya" he said. He went right and i went left.

I got home took a hot shower and went straight to bed.