Ch 26: Prom

Jamie's outfit is actually a skirt and a tank top, but from the angle of this picture, it can pass as a dress lmao.

~~~~

I adjusted the strap on my dress with frustration. I looked at myself in the mirror. I didnt know what to do with my hair so I just let it down. I had ton's of bracelets, so I just snapped them on. I smiled at the final look. I twirled around in satisfaction. I walked into the living room. My mom sat there watching tv.

"Mom" I said. She turned to look at me.

"Oh you look so beautiful eva" she said. "You look like me on my prom night".

"Thanks mom" I said. A car pulled up outside. I looked at my mom nervous.

"Go have fun" she said. I nodded and took a deep breath. A knock came at the door and I opened it. Johnny stood there looking down. When he saw me he looked up.

"W-wow" he looked me up and down. "You look amazing".

"Thanks" I laughed. He held out his hand. I took it.

"You two have fun" my mom said closing the door.

"You really look amazing" he said and kept looking at me.

"You already said that" I chuckled. He laughed nervously. We got into his car and drove to the school. He opened the car door and let me out. We walked into the gymnasium, that was decorated so pretty.

"Wow I thought the Halloween dance was nice, but this is-"

"Perfect" he finished. I looked at him. "Like you". I smirked.

"Hey man what's happening" tommy came over.

"Hi Barbara" I said. She smiled.

"Woah, eva you look-" Barbra stepped on his foot. "Cool" he yelped out.

"Thanks" I smiled. "Well you guys have a nice time". They smiled and walked away.

"Wheres the others?" I asked.

"Well Dutch is not graduating, bobby is supposed to be here, and Jimmy's over there frenching sophia" he said. I laughed. "Wanna dance". I nodded. We started dancing. The music was loud. But I laughed at how much fun it was.

Eventually a slower song Came on and we started dancing slow.

"So, did treating you okay?" I said.

"Never" he said. "Hes just an old man who loves money".

"What about your mom hows she?" I asked.

"She's fine" he said. "But I dont wanna talk about them".

"What do you wanna talk about" I said.

"Me and you" he said.

"We always talk about use" I chuckled.

"So?" He laugged. "Its cool taking about each other and stuff".

"Johnny?" I said.

"Yeah" he said.

"I love you" I said. He looked suprised.

"I love you too" he said. I held him closely.

Those words where what I've always wanted to hear. I loved him and he loved me. What more could I ask for.

~~~~~~

After the dance was over, we got into his car and drove off.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Theres something I want to show you" he said. He drove up a hill. I glared at him and smiled. "Come on he said" getting out. I did. "Look up" he said. A whole bed of stars hung in the sky. I opened my mouth amazed.

"Wow" I said.

"Used to come up here as a kid" he said.

"Thank u for showing me this" I smiled at him.

"Well I had too" he said. I looked at him and grinned. "Before you go away".

"I'll come back every holliday and your birthday" I laughed. "Dont worry". He held me tight.

"Your the best thing that's happened to me all year" he said. I looked into his eyes. We both kissed gently. And hugged each other.

He was the best thing that happened to me all year to.