Ch 18: Confronted

I woke up the next morning tired as hell and not wanting to get out of bed. But I did.I walked past my calendar that had a giant red circle around today. I stopped suddenly.

The tournament was today. The day I would fight Johnny.

"Mom!" I yelled.

"What!" She yelled back.

"The tournament is today" I said.

"What tournament?" She said coming into the living room. Shit I forgot to tell her too.

"Well I've been training with my friend daniel and his friend mr. Miyagi, who has been training wise for over a month now" I said.

"Well great to know" she scoffed.

"I know I'm sorry" I sighed.

"What time?" She asked.

"12:00" I said.

"That's in an hour" she said. My eyes  grew big and I rushed to the bathroom. "By the way johnny called you 5 times yesterday". I stopped what I was doing and looked in the mirror.

"And" I said.

"He said he wants to talk to you" she said. "Have you been avoiding him?".

"No, I-ive just been busy is all" I lied.

"Oh Well If I where you I'd call him" she said. I rolled my eyes and got ready.

My mom drove use to where the tournament was. As we entered, I saw Daniel, mr.miyagi, and ali standing there signing up. I ran to them.

"Eva" daniel said. "Mr. Miyagi shes here".

"Oh Good" mr.miyagi said. "Her too, on Miyagi team".

"Okay name?" The man said

"Eva Morris" I said. He wrote it down.

"Okay and what belt are you?" He asked mr. Miyagi.

"Belt?" Daniel said confused.

"Why matter?" Mr.miyagi said.

"Well this is only for brown belt or above" the man replied.

"Oh yeah, both black" mr.miyagi said.

"Okay, you two better hustle then, it's almost starting, go down the hall to your left" the man said.

"Okay" ali kissed daniel on his cheek. "Ill see you inside". She looked at me. "Eva good luck". She smiled.

"Thank u" I smiled back.

"Mom this is-

"I'll introduce myself honey you go get ready" she smiled.

"Okay" I ran down the hall with daniel.

"You ready?" He asked. I sighed.

"Oh yeah" i said. I went into the girls changing room and daniel went in the other. I changed into the gi, mr. Miyagi gave me. I looked at myself in the mirror. I sighed at how much I looked like a fighter. I didnt feel like one though. I felt like I was on thin ice and I was goona fall in before I have time to run. But that wasnt goona stop me. I tied my hair in a small bun. I sighed once more and walked out of the room. I heard yelling from the boys room. I ignored it. But then johnny and the boys all came out. I looked up at them. I clenched my jaw hard. So hard I thought my teeth where  goona break.

"Oh no way" dutch smiled. "Eva your goona fight". I glared at him.

"Yeah" I said. "What your scared I'll take you down" I smirked.

"I'm shaking" he said sarcastically.

"You guys go" johnny said.

"What were-

"I said go!" Johnny yelled at them. They walked past me. Dutch making sure he brushed past my shoulder. Johnny looked at me. "Eva-

"What?" I snapped. "What could you possibly have to say".

"Its not what it looked like" he said.

"Oh yeah, that's what you guys always say" I raised my voice.

"Would you just listen!" He said pissed.

"No!" I snapped in his face. "I dont want to hear what you have to say, ever". He clenched his jaw tight.

"Your just as wrong in this as me" he said. Our faces inches apart. "You never told me you where entering". I looked down. "All that time with Larusso" he laughed. " that wasnt helping moving stuff, you where training with him". I didnt know what to say. "Werent you!" He said loud. I jumped a little.

"Yeah I was" I said. "Is that a problem". I looked up.

"For all I know, you probably kissed him too" he said. My anger got the best in me. I slapped him hard across his face.

"You and me" I said. "Are goona settle it out there".

"I always win" he said.

"Oh but maybe I have a chance" I said. "Just watch johnny". I said sternly and walked away.