Twenty bucks. (P13)

Start from the beginning

"Hmf. We'll talk about that when Scar is back." The slughead opens the cashier to count the money. "Let's close up early today." he looks at Kai and smiles "how about a movie night?"

"Yes!" Kai jumps off the counter. "Can we go to Maverick and get some nachos?" He gives him a puppy face. I wish I was the only one who could see this.

"Whatever you want." the shitface pats my mates head.

"Yay!" Did he seriously just floss? He stops then looks at us with a flustered face "did you guys want to come over?" From the corner of my eye I can see the ass flinch when he asked.

"Maybe next time." I answer. "I have to get going "

"Yeah same here." Dana stands next to me. Kai raises a brow at her. Damn she needs to scoot away .

"Dean?" Kai smiles at him. Dean you better say no.

"Uhh." Dean I swear to goddess. "Sorry I wish I could." he frowns. Good . Dean you've done good .

"It's ok. Next time for sure tho." He shakes his finger at us. He's so fuckking cute. I just want to hide him away. "Do you need a ride?"

"We're good. I brought my car." Actually it's still at the school but he doesn't need to know that. "Well I guess we'll head out first".

"You're going with them Dana?"

"Yeah we're neighbors anyways" she shrugs .

He nods "ok. See ya tomorrow."

"So it burned you?" My mother asks as she examines the photos

"Yeah just like silver usually does. The only difference is that our hands healed right away." yeah with silver it would've taken longer .

"Kai said it's like a promise/wedding ring." Dana adds

"Wait, you showed him the picture?"

"No he peeked over my shoulder when I was showing Dean. Then he said that his sister made them." I continue to explain how the ritual is which is crazy that Kai saw all of this but still doesn't believe in witches.

"We asked about his necklace but he acted like it wasn't a big deal "

"He just said Zeke made it for him and that it helps him."

"Help him how?" My dad continues to stare out the window.

"He didn't say. He just changed the subject."

"Hmmm what gets me is the part of how he reacted at the pool, if he was a werewolf he should've known right then".

"Yeah instead he acted like I disgusted him" I whisper. Axel whimpers.

"Did the necklace glow during that time?" My mom places a hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"I don't know, I wasn't looking." Oh man do I need to shower. This slime is in between places it shouldn't be. "Dad, also two kids showed up, and the boy glared at us with glowing eyes."

"What color were they?"

"Uhh. Well they were blue originally but they changed to green when he saw us. Actually when he smelled us." Definitely not human, that's for sure.

"Golems." My dad takes a drink of his wine. Man does he love his wine. "That's what that boy was." He turns around and takes a seat. "Being surrounded by mystical beings, one should've slipped up by now especially the children." he takes another drink. "How is it that your mate hasn't noticed"

"Do you think he does know?" Dean asks. How could he know and act as he doesn't. If he does know then he's an amazing actor.

"We can't know for sure" my dad chuckles "funny lately I haven't been able to know anything for sure. I guess I'm getting too old for this" he smiles at me and raises his cup "just two more weeks till the full moon and you will be taking my place."  Two weeks!? Already!? No I'm definitely not ready .

"Hopefully the Luna will be by your side as well" Dana pats my back. I smile at her.  "But first we need to find out what he is and why he hasn't shown any side effects."

"Maybe it's the necklace" dean shrugs. "Alpha could a necklace stop a wolf from surfacing ?"

"Yes. If they are able to put a spell on it."

"Has he ever had headaches before?" My mom asks Dana.

"No not since we met. Well he's never complained" that could be it, maybe he's always had them but they've just gotten worse. Axel felt something at the pool but he couldn't point it out. It was blurry for him. I wish there was a way. Maybe I can just kidnap him and make him realize I'm his mate.

There's a sudden knock, my dad welcomes the omega in "Alpha, she's here." My dad nods and we all exit the office.

I head upstairs to take a shower. I seriously need one, I feel the slime every where. Then the smell is disgusting, I would've preferred my mates smell. Oh my mate. I can't wait for him to be mine. I wonder why he hasn't brought up the whole rejection incident. He acts like it never even happened.

I wonder if my Kai does that for any odd thing he witnesses. That could be why he doesn't believe in witches. He may see them but shrugs it off. I know many humans who do that because it's better to think that's it's all in your head than admit it being real.

However that necklace glows all the time, he should've at least thought that the necklace was real. Also what did he mean by it helps him.

Could it be?