Mate (part2)

Arrio Sandoval's POV .
7 am on a Wednesday. (Before the rejection)

"Happy birthday Arri!" My mom shouts with a cupcake in her hand.

"Thanks mom" I grab the cupcake and hug her with my other arm.

"I can't believe you'll be finding your mate today. You've grown to be such a handsome man." My mom wipes away an imaginary tear and my dad wraps his arms around her waist. She smiles and kisses his cheek.

Watching them makes me feel so excited about finding my mate today .

"She's going to be perfect mom. I can feel it." I say mostly to myself. I can't wait to see my mate. I know the Moon Goddess will give me someone special.
She'll be an amazing Luna and mother.

"Or he!" My mom squeals. I roll my eyes at her. She's such a fan girl. She's always wanted a son in law. I've told her over and over again that I could never be attracted to a male. She just never listens.

"Hun remember he's straight. Arrio I'm proud of you and remember if you can't find your mate today, it's ok. Only a small amount finds their mate on their birthday. Your mother and I were some of the lucky ones," my dad says as he pats my back like I'm some kid. No matter what they will always see me as a baby.

"Yes dad." I nod and check my phone. Shit I better head out. "I got to go. I'll see you guys tonight." I say as I down my cupcake.

I walk through the doors and instantly I'm hit with this peaceful smell

I walk through the doors and instantly I'm hit with this peaceful smell. It reminds me of the beach. Sand mixed with water and nature like. It's hard to describe but once you smell it, you'll understand.

I follow the smell to some lockers I look around and spot her. "Mate" my wolf excitedly shouts. I can't see her face only her ass. She's taking a drink from the water fountain. As I wait I check her out. Damn I can't wait to mate with her. "Mate is not a girl"

"what? What do you mean she's not a girl ". She stands up and walks away.

I stare at her short black hair. "Beautiful. So black it looks blue"

"yeah it reminds me of the ocean when we go at night." I follow her.

"Him"

"what?"

"Him".

"What do you mean him?!?"