Twenty bucks. (P13)

Arrio's POV
Monday night (the back room 🤫)

"What are they doing in there?" I growled at the door. Why did they have to lock it. That piece of shit better not be touching my mate. "Mine! Go get our mate!" This will be all over if I could just kill that troll.

"I bet $20 bucks that they'll both come out with bed hair." Dana places a 20 on the counter.

"Ok I really hope nothing is happening in there but I still bet messy hair but also a blushing Kai." dean slaps two tens untop of Dana's. "Though I hope I lose" he mumbles.

"Fuck you both."  I take out two 20s. "I bet a handmark on the infested creep." My mate better push him off. Or I'll remember this and once we are mated I'll punish him for sure.

The bell rings and an old lady comes in. "Welcome to Home of the Gullveig" Dean grins and goes behind the counter. What the hell is he doing ?

Dana runs to the back room and knocks. "Hey you have a customer."

"Coming!" my mate shouts back. Why does he sound like that? The door opens and out comes a blushing Kai who's giggling at the idiot behind him. The old man pats Kai's messy hair to fix it .

"Man I got mixed feelings" dean mumbles and takes all the money.

"If I would've known you were busy with your boy I would've come at a much better time ." The old lady giggles.  His boy? Fuck no. That boy is mine.

"Mrs Hennessy." The asswipe walks right pass me with a smirk "that was my fault. I should've locked the door"  the old lady continues to giggle "How have you been? I haven't seen you in ages." Is he being dramatic or has he really not seen her in ages ? If I'm right witches can live for thousands of years. I'm not certain that is true, I've only seen movies.

"I've been good dear. How's our Kai?" She turns to look at Kai who is eating another chocolate bar. He raises a brow at her with a scrunched up nose. Damn he's so cute. "You're such a big boy now"

"Uhhh" Kai glances at The pest. "Do I know her?" He asks causing the old lady to giggle. Why do witches laugh so much.

"You were young when you met her," he explains. "Mrs Hennessy is Donovan's grandma. You remember him right." Kai smiles and nods.

"Of course I remember him! He was my first crush!" Excuse me? The turd glares at him as do I. I want to see a picture of this so called crush.

I fake a cough to remind them that we are still here. The old lady winks at me then looks through her bag and pulls out her phone. "Here type in your number." Damn she actually knows how to use a phone. "I was just passing by. I have a meeting I should get to. I'll call you later tonight so we can catch up" she looks around "where's scarlet?"

"She's traveling."  The old lady nods and says her good byes. He turns back around to face us "so are you guys wanting to buy anything ?"

"Are you guys hiring?" Dean spits out.

"No." Grubfaces deadplans. "Only family. Sorry." He heads behind the counter.

"Halloween is coming up though . It's gets super busy and you guys tend to leave me alone Halloween night. So it would be great to have someone here with me." Kai suggests "maybe three someone's" wait is he including me as well.