Chapter 70

"What's the matter, Jeff...?"

Jeff looked at his brother, who had him pinned against the ground with Kate's machete pressed against his neck.

"You thought that I forgave you? That I would forgive you for ruining my entire life just like that?"

Jeff gulped and felt the cold blade of the machete shift. The thing that was on top of him was not Liu. Those crazed eyes and that grin filled with insanity did not belong to Liu.

This was not Liu Woods. This was a complete utter monster.

Liu suddenly rolled his eyes. "What's the matter, bro? Are you scared? Because I would be. The brother that you've loved for years suddenly decides to go insane and murder you!? Shit! I would be scared out of my mind!"

Jeff saw his brother look down at him with pained expression mixed in with one of complete fury. "You might ask yourself, how could I know what that's like...? Well, it happened to me...Because of you... And I completely and absolutely fucking hate you, Jeff."

Jeff growled. "Get the fuck off of me..."

"Or else what?" Liu giggled like a child. "You'll cut my face again? Oh! You haven't gotten my legs all that much! Want me to roll up my jeans so you can screw all that up too?!"

"Liu," came BEN's stern voice but Liu didn't look up.

"Liu...?" repeated Jeff's brother before laughing. "Who's Liu!? My name is Sully."

"Listen to me," Masky continued and Jeff heard soft footsteps come towards them. "Put the weapon down and come with me... I'll give you more pills..."

"Pills!?" Liu's shrill laughter filled the room and Jeff was faintly reminded of himself, when he had carved that smile onto his face. "YOU THINK THOSE DAMN PILLS WORKED ON ME, YOU SHITHEAD?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The laughing was so maniac that Sully rolled off of Jeff then got to his feet and began to walk away towards the corner of the living room, where he slid down to the floor with his back against the wall. He wiped at the warm tears of laughter that were coming from his eyes.

"Give me back my machete, kid," Kate commanded and was about to take a step towards him when Masky took a hold of her arm, holding her in place.

The laughter was coming to a slow, steady stop and, when it did, Liu went silent for minutes on end until he spoke in a trembling, weak voice. "I can't die... I can't..."

"What are you talking about?" BEN asked cautiously.

"Sully wants to hurt him and I... I don't want him to hurt me... What's wrong with m-me? What's wrong with w-wanting to live...?"

"Calm down," Masky began but Liu continued.

"You want the same, don't you...? I can't die... There's too much... I... I still have more friends to make... I still have a life left to live... It can't... It can't go on without me... I want to be there..." Liu hiccuped them wiped at the tears that had begun streaming down his face.

"Liu, get up," whispered Masky.

Liu shook his bowed head slowly then gripped the machete tightly. "I don't want to die...

Jeff watched as Liu raised his head to look at him with the most cold, sadistic look he had ever seen.

"So you're going to have to."

Before Liu could fling the knife at his brother, Jane, who had stomped into the room, stepped in front of Jeff.

"What are you doing...?" Liu, or Sully, asked slowly, his voice more confused than angry.

Jane huffed then crossed her arms. "You're not going to hurt anyone, Liu."

Liu narrowed his eyes. "Why not?"

"Because I'm not going to let you," Jane spat.

"I think you just lost five bitch points," Kate commented only for Jane to roll her eyes.

"How can you stop me?" asked Liu before chuckling.

Jane pulled out two daggers from her black heeled boot and sighed. "Liu, listen to me, you don't want to do this."

"I'm pretty sure he wants to," Jeff grumbled from the floor but Jane paid no mind to him. Jane stepped closer and held one dagger up in warning but Liu looked at her indifferently.

"Kill Sully," BEN suddenly commanded.

"Kill... Sully...?" repeated Liu, confused. "I can't kill him..."

"Just try..." Jeff groaned then finally got to his feet. "Just fucking try..."

Liu went silent before a sweet smile spread over his lips. He gripped the machete tightly then softly said, "Okay..."

With that, Liu plunged the sharp blade into his stomach. Then, he heard some muffled screams for him before everything went black.