Chapter 6

Kate the Chaser didn't originate on Creepy Pasta, but that didn't make her any less real. Instead, she had originated in a game called Slender: The Arrival.

"Kate?" called Masky from the other side of the abandoned building.

"Sup," Kate said, twirling her machete around in front of her and looking at Masky. He had a complete white mask with black around the eyes and black lips, eyebrows painted black. On his body, he wore a yellow jacket and jeans.

"You wouldn't happen to know where Hoody is, do you?" Masky asked.

"He's somewhere taking a dump," laughed Kate. "Probably in the back of this place or something."

Contrary to popular belief, the being that has become known as Slenderman did not live anywhere special. He resided in the forest, not a house, not a mansion, not a castle, not an anything. As for his proxies, they never ceased being on the run. Most simply slept on the floor of abandoned buildings or hid themselves in alleyways when they weren't running around and murdering innocent people.

"Ark."

Both turned to see a man in an orange hoodie, a black ski mask over his face that housed a red frowny face.

"Hey, Hoody," said Masky, stepping towards him and wrapping an arm around his waist. With his other hand, he raised his own mask then raised Hoody's to reveal his lips. He pressed his mouth against Hoody's own in a loving kiss.

"Get a room, guys," Kate said, groaning.

Hoody mumbled something against Masky's lips and pulled away, saying, "Lead me to the ark."

Masky sighed and pulled Hoody's ski mask down, putting his own back on. "I'll do that later. Okay, Hoody?"

"I never got the whole 'ark' thing," Kate said. "What is it?"

"Don't know," said Masky as Hoody walked away and sat in a corner with a laptop, pulling a dirty blanket over his shoulders. "You know what Slender does to us to make us this, right?" asked Masky.

"Well, yeah..." said Kate, remembering losing her mind and scrawling all over papers about the faceless man that was following her.

Masky sighed. "Long story short, Hoody resisted Slender's control too much. In order to make him a proxy, Slender had to mess up Hoody's head a bit but..."

"So the boss man fucked him up?" Kate asked.

"You can say that," Masky said.

"Your fault, your fault," said Hoody, his voice dead and flat. He was typing furiously, his hands moving so fast they blurred.

Masky sat beside Kate on the floor, taking his mask off again and putting it beside him. Kate glanced at Masky through the eyeholes of her mask, seeing his handsome face. Black hair with black side burns and dark brown eyes.

"Hey," she said, seeing the sad expression on his face. "Want a beer?"

He turned to see her gesturing at the bottle of beers beside her. Most were half empty but she raised the only one that was still full, shaking it in front of his face. Masky listened to the sound of the liquid swishing around for a few seconds before snatching it from her hands.

Kate smiled. "It'll make you feel better, trust me."

"Intruders."

Masky, who was almost halfway through the bottle already, looked up at Hoody. "Someone's here?"

"Not welcome," Hoody said, standing and looking out a hole in the wall.

Kate got up, holding up her machete. "I got this."

"Calm down, Jason," Masky said, still sitting. "They might just be passing by."

"I don't give. This is our territory," Kate said.

"Might just be Toby," Masky said.

Kate groaned. "I think you like ruining my fun."

Masky smiled up at her then drank more of his beer. "Pretty much."

Hoody began pacing and mumbling to himself in the middle of the room. After he finished his beer, Masky grabbed him and pulled him down onto his lap. Hoody nuzzled Masky's neck and Masky kissed Hoody's masked forehead.

"Seriously, guys, get a room," said Kate with an eye roll.

Masky showed her his middle finger, smirking.

Kate laughed, getting to her feet. "Screw you two, I'm going to go see what's outside."