Chapter 15

"You won't find anything," stated Masky, pushing branches out of his way as he walked through the thick forest.

"Maybe we won't, but I really do appreciate you taking us there," BEN responded.

The killers and two proxies were walking through Rosswood park, an extremely large forest, in hopes of finding an abandoned hospital that had some form of correlation to Masky and Hoody's past. Hoody was walking close to Masky, holding his arm tightly.

"Why would Slender files be there anyway?" asked Jeff.

"You don't wanna know," grumbled Masky.

"All the secretiveness going on is sooo annoying," groaned Laughing Jack.

"I know," Eyeless Jack said. "BEN, how come you're the only person who knows this?"

"The internet is a vast and terrifying place," BEN stated.

"So like this fucking forest?" Jeff spat, using his knife to push branches out of his way.

"We're here," Masky announced.

Everyone else looked forward to see the large abandoned and burnt out building that could have once been a hospital. It was about three floors and covered in graffiti.

Hoody began shivering but Masky rubbed his back, whispering something into his ear.

"Where was your room?" asked BEN.

"Room?" asked Jeff. "Did you have cancer or some shit-?"

"Jeff, I'll fucking tear your vocal cords out if you say anything else," Masky growled.

"Whoa, okay," Jeff said, staring at Masky's masked face. "Chill, man."

"My room was on the second floor," said Masky. "It'll be the seventh to your left."

"Understood. You and Hoody can wait out here if you want," BEN said.

"I was planning on it," Masky said, still rubbing Hoody's shivering back.

The killers went inside carefully, looking at the graffiti on the walls. One certain wall read: THe OPerATor

"What's that?" asked Laughing Jack, poking it with his long finger.

"Slenderman goes by that name as well," BEN explained.

"Hey, do you mind actually telling us what's so important about this place?" Eyeless Jack said, tripping over an overturned wheelchair.

"Masky was a patient here and he didn't have cancer like you said, Jeff," BEN said. "This used to be a mental hospital. Masky was taken here by his mother."

"But he acts normally," said Eyeless Jack.

"Now," said BEN. "He used to have recurring seizures, delusions, violent episodes..."

"Whoa," said Jeff.

"He even got another personality, which was what originally became Masky. However, Masky began to get better and lived a normal life. Occasionally, his other personality took over but it was never too bad," BEN said.

"Then? And what about Hoody?" asked Eyeless Jack.

"Masky went to college and made his first friend, who later became Hoody. They were filming a student film when... things happened. Slender began to drive everyone who was working on the project insane. Hoody resisted Slender's control too much and... lost his mind completely," BEN finished.

"But-" began Jeff.

"Both personalities of Masky began to go against Slender, hating that Hoody had become a sort of puppet," said BEN. "But then Masky lost someone who had become very close to him. After, Masky threw away the mask and tried to run away from it all. It didn't work."

"Then?" asked Laughing Jack.

"Masky had lost all hope in anything but knew that Hoody was still out there. He decided to simply become a proxy himself to join Hoody and his other personality disappeared because he had become the masked one now."

"Wow, okay then..." said Jeff.

"What were there real names?" asked Eyeless Jack as they reached their destination.

"Tim," said BEN. "Tim... and Brian."

Jeff looked at the hospital room then chuckled, seeing a small doll that looked like Slender on the floor. He walked towards it and picked it off the charred floor.

"Haha," Jeff laughed, grinning. "It's so cute."

"But your little story didn't answer something," said Eyeless Jack. "Why would they have files about Slender?"

"Masky, or Tim, would draw him and describe him to the doctors," said BEN. "They could have kept files on the delusions."

"Well," snickered Laughing Jack. "I'm pretty sure it's all gone now, kido."

"It appears," said BEN, watching Jeff toy with the doll.

Outside, where Tim had been comforting Brian, a female scream was heard.