Chapter 120

"There are five capital letters," Hoody states, pointing at the screen of the phone in his hand.

"And...?" Zalgo prompts. "We don't have all day."

Hoody spares him a glance then looks back down at the code. "There aren't anymore capital letters in the other groups of letters so whoever this is really wants us to focus on the fact that there's only five."

"I think I know where you're going with this," Masky mumbled under his breath and got down on a knee before Hoody, who stiffened.

Hoody cleared his throat and continued, "Well, there's no pattern in each set of letters, from what I can tell anyway... It looks like most the letters are just there to fill in what the actual code leaves blank. So, I was thinking that we should get the fifth letter in each set of numbers."

"What would that make?" Liu asked.

Hoody held the phone close to his face and began, "The letters are G. O. T. O. S. L. E. N. D. E. R. Which makes, 'Go to Slender.' "

"Whoever this person is... wants us to go find Slender then?" Jane asks.

"Specifically, to go to him," Masky corrects. "It's not the finding of him that this person thinks is important, it's what's there with him."

"And how are we going to find your boss?" Zalgo impatiently asks.

"I... I'm like seventy percent sure I know where he is," Liu answers after a moment of hesitation. "It's gonna be pretty dangerous, though-"

"You're talking to the king of hell," Zalgo laughed. "Bring it on."

A small ding that only Hoody heard sounded from the phone and he looked down to read the new message. All it read was: Congratulations, Brian. Guess you're not JUST a little play toy.

"Then you're all ready to go?" Masky asked the others and stood. When Hoody was the only one not to respond, he turned to him. "Hoody?"

Hoody deleted the message and stumbled to his feet, handing the phone to Zalgo. "R... ready."

----------------------------------------------

Sully threw the phone behind him in one swift movement as he walked out the surveillance room, the door sliding closed behind him. After taunting Kate, he had returned to see Hoody solving the code he had sent. He wasn't expecting them to solve it so quickly, but whatever. Shit happens.

"There you are," Mother, who was standing in the hallway, says when she sees him. "Are you coming to see that faceless thing die or not?"

Sully shook his head. "Afraid not, Mother. I have some business with Sally."

Mother scoffs and raises an eyebrow. "Business?"

Sully smiled. "Of course. Sally and I are... going to get rid of someone."

"Who?" Mother snaps.

Sully looks up thoughtfully and slides his hands into his pockets. "Just some retard. And, I really want to mess with that bitch, Kate. Can't wait to fucking destroy what she cares about so much..."