Chapter 19: Refuge + Regret

Both Tango's and False's bases had been compromised.

False had been in hand to hand combat with Ren, shouting to the passing Hermits that she'd be fine. Tango had been dancing around the two, shooting Ren when he could.

So the four moved on, quickly swooping down to where Zedaph lived.

Xisuma quickly knocked on the door, answered quickly by Zed, who held a potion in one hand and a wad of sheep wool in the other. 

"Come in, come in. Hurry!" Zed ushered them inside, closing the door behind them. "Mind the security trap, watch your step."

He led the group to a small seating area he'd built. "Sit down, you guys look tired. Tell me what happened."

As Iskall explained, Xisuma pulled out his communicator to message Ex. Whatever plan his brother had, he was keeping the details secret.

"That jerk took Jrumbot!?" Zedaph exclaimed. "What a nightmare, we've gotta get him back!"

"That's the problem." Mumbo fidgeted. "We don't know where ET took him."

Zed hummed for a second. "Villain bases are usually in end cities or the nether, at least in cliches. And I have kinda made friends with the void-"

"Wait you what?"

"Yeah I did Xisuma, no big deal. Anyways, there's probably a way for different server voids to communicate, right?"

Xisuma paused. "That's likely."

"Well it's worth a try then!" Zed sprinted over to his garbage chute, climbing down the ladder. "You guys coming?"

Grumbot, Iskall, and Mumbo opted to stay on the top and look down, while Xisuma joined Zed in the basement.

"So, you're the void expert, what do we do?" Zed turned to Xisuma.

Xisuma put a hand over the missing block, tendrils of darkness leaping up to lick at his fingers. "I'm gonna go in, don't panic. The over world void is usually the hardest to talk with, so I might rake a while."

"Alright." Zed took a step back as Xisuma jumped right in, without warning. "Welp there he goes."

"So all we can do now is wait, right?" Iskall asked.

Grumbot nodded. "WAIT AND WORRY."

___________________

Grian cringed when he looked in the mirror. In order to pull it off, he and Taurtis had to swap clothes and boy did this bring back some memories.

Sighing, Grian left the bathroom and was greeted by Taurtis in his red sweater. Yeah, red was not his color. Blue wasn't Grian's color either. It was weird.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Npg asked. "You created me after High School, so I have those memories. I know what you went through."

"Yeah. I have to do this. Getting the info should be easy, the only issue is getting out. But Ex has the covered, right?"

Ex nodded. "Sorta. I have a plan, but I can't confirm it until you've been 'kidnapped'."

Taurtis pulled Grian into a hug. "Hint for the Tauritos: the bag's easier to swallow if you roll it up."

Grian smiled. "Thanks. I'll remember that."

___________________

Tango landed another shot on Ren, ducking as he turned and swung his sword at Tango's head.

"Go find Impulse and get to Zed's, I'll keep Ren busy!" False said, getting anther slice in. "I'll be fine!"

Tango nodded worriedly. "Good luck."

He jumped off the tower, quickly heading to where he'd spotted Impulse earlier.

His communicator dinged.

Falsesymmetry fell from a high place whilst trying to escape Rendog

Rendog was blown up by Creeper

Falsesymmetry: Guys! The alters can't kill mobs!

Cubfan135: That mean's Zed's place is safe. Everyone head there!

Zedaph: We've got plenty of room! Doc, Bdubs hasn't died again, did everything go well?

Docm77: Bdubs got some retained burns, so I'm patching those up. Hels disappeared as soon as I got the fire res in. Keep an eye out!

Falsesymmetry: We will