Chapter 13: Discoveries

Xisuma swiftly landed on the top of Mumbo's base. He was flying around, making sure everyone was in a safe place. 

"Xisuma? What's going on? What happened with Wels, Scar, and Ren?" Mumbo asked nervously.

Xisuma sighed defeatedly. "Whatever that black stuff was, it seemed to have corrupted their alters, making them stronger and giving them really dangerous motives. And at this point, I don't know what to do. Their code says everything is normal, aside from the fact that I can't ban them."

Iskall placed a hand on Xisuma's shoulder. "We'll figure something out. There must be a way to fix this omega problem."

"Is there some way to keep them in one place?" Mumbo asked hopefully.

Xisuma shook his head. "If we were back in season 6, Area 77 would work wonders, but that took Scar and Doc months to build, and I'm afraid we don't have that amount of time."

"UM."

The three hermits turned to glance at the robot, who'd been awkwardly standing behind them. He nervously twiddled his thumbs, making a decision.

"THERE MAY BE A WAY TO FIX THIS. I JUST... DON'T HAVE ALL THE DEATILS QUITE YET."

"You know something about this?" Xisuma asked.

Grumbot nodded. "YOU KNOW HOW EX IS SUPPOSIDLY RETURNING?"

"Yeah?"

"RIGHT NOW HE'S WORKING WITH A COUPLE PLAYERS AND AN ANDRIOD FRIEND OF MINE. I TOLD THEM THE PROBLEM, HOPEFULLY THEY CAN FIND A SOLUTION."

Iskall frowned. "Who are these players he's working with?"

Grumbot hesitated. "I'M NOT ALLOWED TO TELL YOU YET."

"Why?" Mumbo asked. "And how long have you had this friend?"

Grumbot shuffled his feet. "I-"

Just then, Xisuma's communicator began beeping rapidly. He quickly answered it, the messages from the multi-server chat.

Evil-Xisumavoid: X

Evil-Xisumavoid: I heard about Hermitcraft

Evil-Xisumavoid: I've made the decision to help

Evil-Xisumavoid: Are you safe right now?

Xisumavoid: Yeah, I am. The entire server is hiding in the sky, I'm with Mumbo, Iskall, and Grumbot. I assume you know Grumbot, yes?

Evil-Xisumavoid: THANK THE HERMITS IN THE SKIES

Evil-Xisumavoid: Anyways, yeah I know Grumbot. 

Evil-Xisumavoid: On another note, I have two players with me who've spent time with the Watchers and might know what's going on. Can u sent me a description of the thing?

Xisumavoid: The thing?

Evil-Xisumavoid: The black goop

Xisumavoid: uh it's black and goopy

Evil-Xisumavoid:...

Evil-Xisumavoid: Is it contagious, if so how. And who and what alters are affected?

Xisumavoid: Yes, but only by touch. Renbob (Rendog) Wizard Scar (GoodTimesWIthScar) and Helsknight (Welsknight) are affected. No one else that I know of.

Xisumavoid: And may I ask, who are those players? I was with the watchers at one point, I might recognize them.

Evil-Xisumavoid: Right NPG told Grumbot not to tell you. This seems like a terrible time but okay

Evil-Xisumavoid: Taurtis

Xisumavoid: WHAT?

Evil-Xisumavoid: The non-evil one. There' s two. Long story.

Xisumavoid: Okay, and who's the other?

Evil-Xisumavoid: Oh right

Evil-Xisumavoid: That's classified. You'll find out later.