Chapter 9: Voicemail

Silence hovered over Grumbot as he waited for Npg's response. It was quiet. Too quiet.

Then...

"What do you mean by that?" Npg's tone was hard to understand.

Grumbot paused. "I MEAN LIKE HE'S PERMA-DEAD. NOT COMING BACK."

...

...

Another heavy silence settled, leaving Grumbot to wonder. It seemed that Npg had muted for a bit, which confused Grumbot a little.

Then finally Npg spoke again.

"Can you keep a secret? It's a very important secret, and spilling it could cause trouble."

"OKAY."

"..."

"NPG?"

Npg brought his voice to a whisper. "Grian is alive. I don't know where he is right now, but he's alive."

"WHA- WHAT?"

"Yeah, just don't tell anyone. But... Hang on." Npg muted again.

The he unmuted. "Actually, could you do me a favor? Could you tell X-eye-zoomee-a something?"

"...UH YOU MEAN XISUMA RIGHT?"

"That's the one. Tell him his brother is returning."

"OKAY. I DUNNO WHAT THAT MEANS BUT OKAY."

"I uh, have to go. Something came up, important stuff. Remember, don't tell anyone about Grian, at least not yet."

"OKAY. IT WAS NICE SPEAKING TO YOU."

"Pleasure. Bye!"

"BYE."

And that was it. The call ended.

___________________

Npg hung up, turning to Ex with a smile. "Good morning."

"Morning to you too. Glad I caught you before your call ended. Anyways, Grian and Taurtis are on their way." Ex rubbed his eyes.

Npg lit up a bit. "I can't wait to show Grian my rustic houses!"

Ex chuckled. "I bet he'll be real proud. How about we head over to spawn, and wait for them?"

"Okay!" Npg quickly ran over to a chest and grabbed a lot of materials, probably for another rustic house.

Taurtis joined the game

Grian joined the game

____________________

Grumbot dropped by Ren to let him know where he was going, before heading off to find Xisuma's base. It wasn't too difficult to locate, just a short walk to the other jungle.

The man in question was somewhere deep inside his base, poring over code and other work. Grumbot awkwardly knocked on the door.

"Come in!"

Grumbot pushed the door open, revealing the Admin who had multiple screens up. He was frowning at one line of code, something that had to do with other players. Grumbot wasn't sure what.

"UM. I HAVE AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE."

Xisuma turned around, seemingly surprised that it was Grumbot. "Oh, hello. A message? From who?"

Grumbot hesitated. "I HAVE AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE." He repeated.

"Um, okay. What's the message?"

"YOUR BROTHER IS RETURNING."

________________________

Me during the day: can i please get this chapter done? i have most of it outlined already.

Motivation: nah

Me at 11pm, tired: I'm going to bed

Motivation:

Motivation: NAH

And that is how this chapter was written.