Chapter 8: Connections

"Psst, Grian. Wake up, we need to go."

Grian frowned, drowsily sitting up. "Taurtis? Wha-"

Taurtis looked worried, anxiously glancing over his shoulder. "Grian, we need to leave. We've been discovered."

"What?" Grian pulled himself out of bed, stumbling a bit to get his footing.

Taurtis handed Grian his communicator. "We don't have much time, we're gonna have to use the old portals in Evo. Please tell me you still have access."

Grian quickly tapped at his communicator. "Yes, I do. But how're gonna get there? Neither of us have perms to teleport."

"I can get us out of the End, but you'll have to fly us to the server island."

"But isn't it surrounded by bedrock?"

"One problem at a time." Taurtis said, grabbing Grian's wrist. "Hold on."

________________________

"Please don't drop me Grian. Please." Taurtis gasped, holding on to Grian for dear life.

Grian flapped his wings again, soaring higher and higher. "Almost there, the island's in sight."

A few more flaps and they landed on the top of the bedrock sphere. "Okay, now what? How do we break the bedrock?"

"Um... Remember our time with the Watchers? They had to have taught us something about this..." Taurtis paced a little, thinking. "C'mon, remember. They had to have said something..."

Grian knelt down, running a hand over the unbreakable rock. There were three ways to break it. One, with Watcher magic. Two, using some kind of glitch like Impulse does. And three...

A memory, a long-forgotten note popped up in his head.

_______________________

Hey G,

So something happened and now your spawn is permanently set to spawn island, not sure why. Aslo, you kinda have Keep Inventory on for some reason. Hopefully this'll go back to normal, but don't worry. If anything regarding those changes, don't hesitate to text me.

- Xisumavoid

_______________________

Grian paused for a second, gears turning in his head. The only way someone's spawn would be permanently set to spawn island would be in Adventure mode, right?

It was like he'd found a corner piece under a rug, leading to more puzzle pieces fitting into place. Grian realized what Xisuma, Iskall, and Scar had before. Admin, Fae, and Creative mode magic, all the same. 

If it had been him who changed his own gamemode that day...

Grian closed his eyes and focused on his body, it's inner workings and everything. He focused on the magic inside of him, and tried to cast a spell he didn't know how to cast.

A few seconds went by, and Grian opened his eyes and focused all the energy he'd built up down into his fist. His hand glowed a faint lavender, and he took a deep breath before bringing his hand down onto the block.

Pop

"Did... Did you just..."

Grian stared at the bedrock in his inventory. All of a sudden, a wave of nausea washed over him, and he keeled over, falling into the sphere.

...

"-ian? Grian? Grian are you okay?"

Grian winced, sitting up. "What... What happened?"

"You broke the bedrock and passed out. We're in Evo now."

Grian winced again, his entire body was just stinging, especially his hand. "Wh-what now?"

Taurtis carefully helped him to his feet. "We'll need to rendezvous with Ex as soon as possible. According to him, the server he's in is an old singleplayer world, which means Evil Me won't look there for us."

"How even did he find out about us?" Grian asked, leaning against Taurtis for support. "And shouldn't we just call him ET?"

"Yeah, ET sounds about right. Short for Extra Trash." Taurtis joked, trying to lighten the mood. "Anyways, I'm not sure how he found out. Point is he did. On another note, are you okay? I have a feeling what you did back there wasn't Watcher magic."

Grian nodded. "I'll explain later. For now, we should get moving, we need to get to the singleplayer world as fast as possible."

"Okay. But take it easy, you're hurt."