Chapter 44: The Final Fight

Grian's heart was beating, the scene much to familiar.

ET- or at least who he thought was ET- was standing calmly on the other end of the room. Way too calmly.

Grian lifted his head. He was determined to not let anyone else get hurt like last time.

"You aren't Taurtis. You are not ET. Who are you?"

__________

"On your left!" False shouted, drawing her bow.

Tango jumped out of the way as Hels swung his sword at him. A section of ground support were playing a distraction, the goal getting either Hels or Wasp out of the base.

It had worked a little too well. Now Tango, False, Iskall, and Keralis were battling Hels, False having had to call for backup.

The Knight was formidable, quick, and hit hard. The only thing keeping them from losing was the fact that they all knew Wels' fighting style. Every now and then, Iskall would chuck a crystal at Hels, leaving him recoiling. 

They kept chipping away the black goop during the fight, until eventually False found an opening and knocked Hels out. Keralis took the opportunity to dump his crystals onto the unconscious hermit, ridding Wels of the goop.

Tango picked Wels up bridal style. "I'll head back to base and get Wels healed up. You three should probably-"

"Go assist the Redstone trio? No problem." False sheathed her sword, picking up one of the non-shattered crystals. "Iskall, Keralis, you with me?"

"I should help Tango get Wels back, just in case." Keralis pointed out.

Iskall nodded. "Good point, you go do that. Now, lets go help our friends!"

__________

Zed twiddled his thumbs. "Are you sure about this?"

Joe nodded. "Of course! As long as we can get a direct hit, it's foolproof. We'll have to wait until Grian and Scar have run out first, we want ET as low on health as possible."

The two were on top of the base, trying to navigate to the central chamber as quietly as possible. After Iskall and Keralis had been called to aid Tango and False, Joe had pulled Zed aside and had quickly explained an idea he had.

Joe had somehow managed to create an even powerful crystal than the ones they'd been using, but it was fragile. Only one use, and only one made. One singular shot, and it had to count.

"Okay, so you want me to create a distraction so you can get the hit in?" Zed clarified.

Joe laughed out loud. "Yep! In your own Zed way."

Zed grinned. "Honestly? There's only one true way to get a good distraction: a grand entrance. Through the ceiling."

"You have a point there." Joe grinned, "Anyways, there's the central chamber. You ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

__________

The being in front of them chuckled. "I see you've figured it out. I am simply a virus of this world's code, with the sole purpose of reverting the mutations back to the way it should be."

"Mutations?" Scar asked nervously.

"Yes. Do you really think the world came to be how it is, without permanent bugs? How do you think Creepers came to be? What about Piglins with player inventory, or even mob hybrids themselves? All are abominations and must be destroyed. But the one thing that I hate more than those, is Alter Egos." The being scowled. "Those are much harder to revert."