Chapter 33: Planning makes perfect

The sun was low in the sky, the early morning chill still lingering. Grian fidgeted as he and Taurtis waited for NPG and Ex. 

Finally, Npg exited the main house. "I think it's time to explain the plan I and Ex had."

Taurtis nodded. "Yeah, why exactly are you two sharing a body?"

Npg hesitated. "I don't exactly understand the basics, but I'll explain what I can. You two understand how that black stuff has been capturing and brainwashing Alters, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Ex knew that Xisuma would be a target. That meant ET would have access to the whitelist/blacklist system," Npg continued. "Ex knew that he'd be put on the blacklist so he couldn't re-take over Xisuma's body. So I'm smuggling him in via me. Once we get there, he has a plan on how to get his body back."

"If that's the case, what about me?" Taurtis asked. "Would I be on the blacklist for the same reason?"

"Since you're the original host, ET can't blacklist you without blacklisting himself." NPG answered.

Grian frowned. "What about me? ET knows I'm alive, right?"

"Not exactly." Taurtis twiddled his thumbs. "You're not on either the whitelist or blacklist, since you'd been considered dead. Smuggling you and NPG on won't be too hard."

"Either way," NPG finished, "Us three should be able to sneak into Hermitcraft. I'm gonna contact Grumbot about our arrival to see if anyone on their side could mask it."

"Oh! Tango might be able to, Xisuma usually asks him for help when it comes to data packs." Grian added. "If Ex was able to mask his leave with no admin perms and a bit of hacking, I'm sure Tango could manage." Grian added.

Taurtis nodded. "Sounds like a plan."

___________________

Incoming Transmission.

Transmission Received. Request to call?

Request confirmed.

Grumbot abruptly sat up, excitedly listening for NPG. It had been a while since they'd last talked.

"Grumbot? You there?"

"HI NPG. IT'S BEEN A WHILE."

"Yeah. Grian is returning, by the way. We need help from your side to mask the login notification."

Grumbot nodded, even though NPG couldn't see. "I'M ON IT. GIVE US A DAY CYCLE."

"Good. Ex wants to know how things are on your end? Any updates?"

"ZEDAPH IS LIVE BAIT. WE'RE GONNA TRY TO FREE REN. NOT MUCH ELSE."

"Okay. Well, bye for now."

"BYE."

And the call was over.

____________________

"TANGO? SCAR?"

Scar just about jumped out of his skin. "Uh h-hi Grumbot."

"Hey Grumbot." Tango didn't seem very fazed.

"GRIAN'S COMING TO THE SERVER, SOMEONE NEEDS TO MASK THE CHAT NOTIFICATION."

Scar perked up. "This soon? Oh my gosh he's actually coming home! I'm gonna go tell everyone!"

Tango grinned. "I'll get right on the maskificating. How long do I got?"

"A DAY CYCLE."

"I'll have it done by nightfall."

____________________

Okay, actual action next chapter, I promise XD

What we have in store for Chapter 34: Zed vs Ren, Joe's "preparations", and Grian actually returning!