Chapter 11: Halfway Reunited

Taurtis joined the game

Grian joined the game

Npg nervously walked with Exy to spawn, a long ways away from where he'd be working.

"So... Grumbot, huh?" Exy commented.

Npg shrugged. "Yeah. You were asleep and I got lonely."

...

"Um, Exy?"

"Yeah?"

Npg hesitated. "It's been... It's been years since I last saw him."

"I'm sure he'll be happy to see you." Exy said, placing a hand on the android's shoulder.

"But what if..." Npg trailed off, not entirely sure what to say. He was nervous about seeing Grian again, but he had no clue why.

He twiddled his thumbs, trying to sort out his feelings. "Do you think he'll be proud of me?"

Exy smiled. "Npg, why did Grian create you?"

"He wanted to create the perfect rustic house builder, one that could teach others how to build them. But I kept malfunctioning and-"

"And I fixed you. And then you taught me so well I'm sure I could build them in my sleep." Exy said. "And look at how much you've built! Grian's bound to be impressed. Don't sweat it."

__________________

Grian sat up, glancing around the spawn. It was just as he'd remembered.  A small clearing, trees all around. Oak forest biome, dotted with various flowers.

"We're actually..." Grian trailed off.

Taurtis had stood up, and was looking around, trying to find Ex's player tag. "He doesn't seem to be here yet."

Grian stood up, a question in his head. "I wonder... Taurtis?"

"Yeah?"

"My old house should be around here, I wonder if it's still standing." Grian lit up. "Let's go check it out!"

The two made their way through the trees, Grian finally resolving to flying above the canopy while Taurtis parkoured across the leaves. Eventually the forest opened up to a wide clearing, with a quaint little house in the middle. Grian quickly landed in front of the door, opening it.

It was just as he remembered, the interior intact. Dusty, yes, but intact. Grian rounded a corner, pointedly glancing away from a closet in the corner. The two made their way through the house, Grian pretty much giving a tour. Eventually they finished, leaving the house to look at it from the outside. Everything was just as he'd left it.

"So this is where you lived before Evo?" Taurtis asked.

Grian nodded. "I mean, I had nowhere to go after high school, so I decided to research other servers, and made myself a singleplayer. Well, it's more of a multiplayer now, huh?"

"And then you eventually made Evo."

"And I haven't been back since." Grian sighed. "It's been years, Taurtis. Years."

Taurtis glanced around again, searching for Ex's tag once more. "You're worried he's gonna hate you, right?"

Grian sighed. "Yeah. I did kinda abandon him. In fact, I gave up on him a long time ago, but now..."

"They're here."

_________________

Npg held Exy's hand as they approached the other two players.

For the first time in years, Npg and Grian faced each other. Both of them waited for the other's reaction.

And then Npg shattered, running forward and tackling Grian in a hug.

"I've missed you so much."

_________________

Hey guys! I have a set upload schedule now! I will update this story on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and occasionally I'll update this on Monday as well. :)